Customers pay for order, but never get order #. prestashop doesnt record transaction.

This has been an ongoing issue for me.   Lately since I upraded to 1.6.1.1 the problem seems to have gotten worse.

Customers will fill their cart, and then check out.   We ONLY use paypal as the payment method, so 100% of all customers get forwarded to Paypal to make their payment.   98% of our customers do not experience any trouble at all and their transaction is completed smoothly.    For the other 2%, they make their payment and then get sent back to our website with all of their items still in their cart, and no order being created in prestashop.    

If the customer does not email us, we have no idea they placed an order.   Right now I have a note on the top of my website to inform customers, if they do not get an email from us with an order# to contact us right away so we can verify their payment and create the order.      This has happened 3 times in the past week, and these are very large orders and the customers get very upset when they give us money and we do not send them anything.

I need to know how to debug this issue and resolve it.    Has anybody ever had any problem like this?  I have searched every one of these forums for months and have not found a solution.   

Thanks in advance,

-Brian

Switch to the Euro Paypal module, it is what I use since the Paypal usa issues started and all orders are completed.

Thank you.  I will have to give that a try.

Do I have to download the Euro version from someplace?  I did not see it in the modules list.

Does it operate differently than the Canada, USA version?   I will certainly give this a try but I want to make sure I get the correct module and install it.

You can download the Euro modue here

https://www.prestashop.com/forums/topic/419632-paypal-no-order-in-bo-temp-fix-16/

I have updated this a little for US users.

I tried your module but could not get any payments to go through.   Customers click the paypal button from the checkout screen, then they get transfered to paypal.   After entering login information, nothing happens when you try to login.   The paypal page never continues, nobody can login to their paypal account and pay

Does not seem to be an issue with the module but maybe your Prestashop install or maybe the way you installed the module make sure you uninstall and delete other PayPal modules before installing this one. (Not USA as that is installed in a different folder) Make sure you can log in to your PayPal account.

I have no issues with the Module and just checked on my test site and no issues found PayPal log in and payment successful.