Changing customer access groups

PrestaShop 1.4.0.11 - I exported customers and addresses from my database through phpmyadmin. I installed a clean version of PrestaShop version 1.6.0.9 and imported the customer and address details to the new database with no problems.

All customers seem to have their Default Customer Group set to 1, Visitor and in their Group Access all three groups ID 1 Visitor, ID 2 Guest, ID 3 Customer are checked.

Newly registered customers have their Default Customer Group set to Customer and only have Customer checked in Group Access.

New customers have no problem making a purchase although imported customers are receiving an error along the lines of 'an item in your cart is no longer available, you cannot proceed with your order.'.

I figured out that it is to do with their Default Customer Group and Group Access. I need to be able to change everyone's Default Group Access to Customer and Group Access to only have Customer checked.

I was able to change everyone's Default Customer Group to 3 Customer through phpmyadmin but for the life of me cannot figure out how to change the Group Access.

Anyone any ideas?

I am actually surprised this worked at all as the Database tables are very different between 1.4 and 1.6, you say you changed the Customer group, was this inboth ps_customer and ps_customer_group.

Take a look at a 1.4 customer table there are 20 entries in the 1.6 there are 30 I can only imagine that there are more issues yet to be found.

Try installing the 1.4 again import your customers then upgrade to 1.6 then use that database to import the customers to the new install.

Why not just update the 1.4.0.11 to 1.6.0.9 then are will be correct, I tried what you are doing and there are other issues such as older orders, if you need to look up an order you will have issues unless every category and product have the same ID as the original 1.4 store.

There are other issues but this was a big one for me.

Thanks for your reply,

I tried the upgrade first but it never seemed turn out just right. Orders isn't an issue at all as customers don't need to see old orders and I created all products and categories through csv imports.

I set all customers' default customer group to 3 Customer in ps_customer using phpmyadmin but there was no columns for Group Access. All the customer ids weren't in ps_customer_group so wasn't sure there was anything to be changed. Can you provide the solutions just set all customers' group access to customer only?

In my 1.6.0.6 ps_customer_group is also filled with the same ID as customer along with their group ID like this.

first numer is customer ID second is their group access.

INSERT INTO `pr_customer_group` VALUES (3, 3);
INSERT INTO `pr_customer_group` VALUES (4, 3);
INSERT INTO `pr_customer_group` VALUES (5, 4);
INSERT INTO `pr_customer_group` VALUES (6, 4);
INSERT INTO `pr_customer_group` VALUES (7, 4);