XML import from wholesaler

Hello,

I have made an agreement with a wholesaler to sell their goods.

They provided me with a 65 page XML specification document with different functions.

For example 1 is called 'Check order status' and they give me the input parameters for it and the returned results.

They also have a Web Service link.

The question now is, how do I start importing products to my shop? Is there a XML import module where I could enter the functions or does it have to be custom made for me? If so, how could I learn it / get someone to do it for me?

I would really like if you could help me please..

Scott

Prestashop allows you to import and export xml files of products. You should do some experimenting with that to get accustomed to it.

For an automated import of the data from your supplier you should have someone who knows Prestashop having a look at it. The data may need some transformations to work.

Usually suppliers will can furnish you a CSV or XML product file.  This can be used to load the products to your store.

For periodic updates of quantity and price, you will need to have someone write the code necessary to fetch the inventory data from your supplier every few hours (or every day) and update your store with the data.

These are two different problems. We can do both or either one. The initial load of products is an hourly fee based service and the inventory update is a monthly subscription.