EAN13 and UPC with combinations on product page

Endre

Hi.

I have managed to show EAN13 and UPC numbers on the product page.

The issue I have is that the numbers come up for every attribute group that has been assigned to the product.

Is there any way to have these numbers only appear once, based on the choices customers make?

Here is an example of what I mean:

http://verktoy.com/bukker/90-industribukken.html

NOBB equals EAN13

Strekkode equals UPC

I would them to behave like the reference number that only appears after all attributes have been selected.

A pint or two to anyone who can point me in the right direction :-)

I haven't found a module that solves this problem either.

Cheers

Endre

If you really want to. It is quite an effort as the query doesn't ask for them. It would be much easier if you used the reference field.

- in the file /classes/product.php in the function getAttributesGroups() you need to add "pa.ean13" and "pa.upc" to the list of demanded fields (I will leave the upc out of the rest of this answer).

- in the file /controllers/productController.php in the function assignAttributesGroups() you need to add a line 

$combinations[$row['id_product_attribute']]['ean13'] = $row['ean13'];

- in your file product.tpl you will find a line that starts with "addCombination({$idCombination|intval}". You need to add your fields as extra arguments to this javascript function.

- in the file product.js in the header of function addCombination() you need to add the new fields(=arguments)

- in the file product.js in the function addCombination() you need to add the line "combination['ean13'] = ean13;"

- in the file product.js in the function findCombination() you need to add the line "selectedCombination['ean13'] = combinations[combination]['ean13'];"

- In the file product.tpl you insert "<span id=ean13 name=ean13></span>"
 - in the file product.js in the function updateDisplay() you need to add the line $('#ean13').text(selectedCombination['ean13']);

I have left out where in those functions you need to insert these texts. Just look for the reference field and do the same.
Edited by musicmaster (see edit history)
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, musicmaster.

Sorry I haven't replied earlier, but I've been away on travel for a bit, so haven't been able to try your suggestion until now.

Now I've finally tested this, and it seems to work exactly how I was looking for.

As I stated in my initial post, a pint or two to whoever could help me with this.

Do you have a Paypal account? :-)

Thank you for your help with this issue, musicmaster!

• 2 weeks later...

I'm using 1.6.1.1, and your are right, some of the code is different.

I have attached product.js, Product.php and ProductController.php.

Compare these to your files.

product.tpl:

<!-- BOF EAN13 og UPC-->
             <p id="product_ean13"{if empty($product->ean13) || !$product->ean13} style="display: none;"{/if}>
                <label>{l s='EAN13:'} </label>
            <span class="editable" itemprop="ean13">{if !isset($groups)}{$product->ean13|escape:'html':'UTF-8'}{/if}</span></p>

<p id="product_upc" {if isset($groups) OR !$product->upc}style="display: none;"{/if}>
                <label>{l s='UPC : '} </label>
                <span class="editable">{$product->upc|escape:'html':'UTF-8'}</span>
           </p>  

<!-- EOF EAN13 og UPC-->

Kind regards

Endre

ean-upc.zip

Edited by Endre (see edit history)
  • Like 1