Orders with fake products

Hi, something strange happened to my store.

Some user created a couple of orders with products that doesn't exist in my product catalog. Like this:

Faded Short Sleeve T-shirts - Color: Orange Size : S Reference: demo_1 and with very low prices like $29.00 (the average item in my store is $800.00)

This guy created an order with 3-4 products like this and at the end he added a real product from the catalog. He process the order and make a credit card payment. The payment getaway quickly contacted me and told me this was a fraud transaction and we cancel the order and blocked the user, but how can I avoid someone adding non existent products to their orders?

Greetings.

This is generally a result of using a 'cleaner' to remove demo data.  What I have seen in the past is then products not truly available in the front office are then added (not by the visitor).  These additional products are 'ghosts'.

If this is the issue then the fix is not so easy for non-technical person, i.e. the actual db needs to be fixed.

Did you use a 'cleaner'?  And if so which one?

Hi, thanks for your reply.

I'm actually newbie in Prestashop but I have good experience programming in mySQL and PHP. I setup this store for a client that wanted to use Prestahsop and the demo info was deleted by my client (he doesn't have programming knowledge) so I'm not pretty sure how he deleted it.

If you send me the instructions to fix this issue I can work on it.

Hi, thanks for your reply.

I'm actually newbie in Prestashop but I have good experience programming in mySQL and PHP. I setup this store for a client that wanted to use Prestahsop and the demo info was deleted by my client (he doesn't have programming knowledge) so I'm not pretty sure how he deleted it.

If you send me the instructions to fix this issue I can work on it.

Nice Eolia, thanks for the link. tzoveck, please let us know results.  Like anything make sure to do full back ups from hosting before initiating any fixes.