Mail alerts

I have installed mail alerts for Prestashop - because this useless xxxx software doesn't initially give admin the option to have an email notification when someone orders a new product. Howxxxx  ridiculous is that. You don't even have an option to get an email sent when someone orders a product.

Anyway - installed Mail Alerts - first off, they don't even have a test function, so we have to wait until there's a sale before we can tell if it works or not. And guess what? We had an order today and no email. 

How can a system like Prestashop with thousands of people who use it not have a simple email notification when someone makes a purchase from the site. It's beyond belief. 

You can probably tell I'm angry. And I am - what if I was on holiday and my emails were the only way I could find out if I had a sale or not. 

Why the xxxx  doesn't the xxxx  module work anyway? and why doesn't it have a test function. 

re-instated post, modified for 'readability'...

in answer to your ?'s.

I always thought it  mailalerts needed to be  installed and  enabled with default configure on new installations.

Anyway, as part of our shop management duties we must have way to test and order, i.e. use bankwire/pay by check or other method to test our checkout....

hope this helps, el