PrestaShop Image ALT Tags Per Image Upload

Denver Prophit Jr.

Certainly

Hello

It would be great if you could state the benefits for having more than one ALT tag

Paul

Certainly! https://support.google.com/webmasters/answer/114016?hl=en Each image is unique searchable content on the web. Each image should semantically describe the contents of that photo. Image searches do lead to sales conversions. Duplicate ALT tags do harm. Extending SQL records of each alt tag would help assist theme designers using twitter bootstrap to create image carousels similar to http://www.w3schools.com/bootstrap/bootstrap_ref_js_carousel.asp

Edited by Denver Prophit Jr. (see edit history)
  • Like 3

Current functionality only allows for ONE alt tag that repeats for every image. Please support my feature request at http://forge.prestashop.com/browse/PSCSX-6496 to allow store owners the ability to define image ALT tags per image uploaded.

As far as i know, the features you've requested has been available since PrestaShop v.1.6.1.0 (current latest version).

It's called as "captions image" (used as img title and alt).

Not a feature where you can define img alt before upload, but more likely a feature to edit after upload.

post-30874-0-72064500-1439185468_thumb.png

But the given feature is not good enough for my clients and me, because it will be too time consuming to open each product editor page one by one just for editing the image caption (for all products which already published).

So i've develop a custom module where user can edit the product image caption with ease in one place.

Edited:

Link to Paid module has been removed as requested

Edited by gonebdg - webindoshop.com (see edit history)

As far as i know, the features you've requested has been available since PrestaShop v.1.6.1.0 (current latest version).

It's called as "captions image" (used as img title and alt).

Not a feature where you can define img alt before upload, but more likely a feature to edit after upload.

attachicon.gifproduct-caption-edit.png

But the given feature is not good enough for my clients and me, because it will be too time consuming to open each product editor page one by one just for editing the image caption (for all products which already published).

So i've develop a custom module where user can edit the product image caption with ease in one place.

Product Image Captions Editor (PICE) Module.

Why are you spamming my forum thread and trying to sell a module. Please delete your link.

And no. They core doesn't support what I have requested. You change ALL of the ALT tags to be the same. That isn't good image SEO practice.

No, in PS v.1.6.1.0 you can update each image caption, please see my attachment image on the previous post above.

There is a drop down where you can select which image will be associated with the captions, and this captions image will be used as value for the title and alt of the img tag (default-bootstrap theme)

The dropdown will have an options something like this :

All captions   --> If you want to change all image captions

Position 1     --> If you want to change image captions for the product image at position 1

Position 2     --> If you want to change image captions for the product image at position 2

Position 3     --> If you want to change image captions for the product image at position 3

Position 4     --> If you want to change image captions for the product image at position 4

For more detail, see ../controllers/admin/AdminProductsController.php   public function processImageLegends()

• Like 2

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...

I am sorry to bring this baby back into attention but we still struggle with this issue.
Situation is as follows:
- site: https://larysa.ro (running on PS 1.6.1.9)
- we absolutely need unique product image names and ALTs for SEO purposes
- using the provided drop-down on Images tab of product edit page, meant to assign different ALT fields to each image is time consuming, because we have to edit product-by-product, image by image. We have hundreds of products, with ~5 images each :(

I am just wondering if any of the below ideas are feasible:

For future uploads: Can't we create an override to a controller to automatically add an unique identifier to each image name/ALT? Like versioning?
For existing images: Can't we obtain an SQL query to pull each image name/ALT and attach to it an unique identifier?

I know it's shooting in the dark but we are really desperate to find a solution to this after realizing PS does not really like unique fields when it comes to product images :)