CMS pages show 404 error with Friendly URLs activated

Hi,

Did you try website/content/ID- ?

For example, my website "fun.fr" , the Page ID "101" and the name "cheers", so the url will be fun.fr/content/101-cheers. It will also works with fun.fr/content/101-

If it doesn't work try to make in menu any new link and choose your CMS page. You will see how looks the links to your CMS page.  

Regards

Kirill

Edited by 123Kirill312 (see edit history)

Thank you for your answer.

Yes, I've tried all sorts of combinations. 

I've also tried to make a new CMS page, but it still doesn't work.

I've left the link like this mysite.com/content/1-livraison

What would be nice is to disable friendly URLs only on CMS pages but I don't know how.

It is just intresting for me :)

Am I right, that you have turn on Friendly URLs? In that case URL has to be: content/{id}-{rewrite} . 

And the Second question, did you try to add to any menu of your site new page with Url type ->content and choose your CMS page? Than click on this new menu on the front page, what URL is shows?

Regards,

Kirill

This is what I have :
HgYA2Jz.png

For your second quesiton, do you mean I should add a link to the menu that is the URL to the CMS page ?

If so, I tried and it didn't work. 

My workaround would be to 301 redirect the URLs to blog articles containing the CMS information but that's all it is, a workaround.

Do not you have the same mistake? Or smth like that. 

CMS: content/{id}-{rewrite}

Category: content/{id}-{rewrite}

It should be unique for all sorts of pages and categories. For example:

That is right version:

CMS: content/{id}-{rewrite}

Category: content/category/{id}-{rewrite}

• 4 months later...

Even when I create a new CMS page in "Settings -> CMS" in the back-office and click "Save and preview", I get the 404 error.

I am getting this as well. Actually worse -- Save and Preview causes the entire store to go down for a few minutes. Save by itself works fine and I can access the pages afterward but Save and Preview causes this error.

In addition there are other issues happening with CMS pages. Would be interested in knowing if you also have these additional issues

1) When you create a new CMS category it doesn't show up as an option and you can't add CMS pages to it.

2) When you rename a previously created category the name changes in the list  but when you go to assign pages to categories it still has the old name

• 6 years later...