[PS 1.6 - HELP] Update combinations via CSV import

Good morning to everybody. I really need help updating my combinations via CSV import.

The combinations CSV file is ready to be imported and follows the Prestashop specs (required columns and fields).

Now, i'd like to re-import the combination CSV file, to get some combinations references and prices impact updated.

Just to begin with a simple test, i tried updating the field REFERENCE of 8 combinations of a single product.

NO WAY AT ALL! i checked on forum, and i saw many people reporting the same problem.

The file gets imported (no errors) but combinations don't get updated, indeed they are duplicated.

Is it possible that Prestashop 1.6 has a bug on a such important feature?

I don't remember this issue on the old 1.5 PS version.

Could somebody drive me on the right way to get my combinations updated? Thank You

Edited by ZioFranky (see edit history)

Hi, im spanish but i will try to help you.

i will give you my "example" to update the Combinations whit CSV in 1.6, it´s difficult to work whit it the first time i tried xDD

I use this fields;

ID PRODUCT    /  COMBINATION REFERENCE      / COMBINATION       / VALUE      / QUANTITY         / PRODUCT REFERENCE ; 

I explain;

- "ID PRODUCT" this is the product id, like "2423"

- COMBINATION REFERENCE" this is very importan, if you dont give a reference to every combination, you willget the duplication error. Example: "Combination1", IMPORTANT; Prestashop shows to me like this: "REFERENCE".

- COMBINATION (or ATRIBUTE¿?) This is the atribute (Name:tipe:position)

- VALUE The value (Value:position)

- Quantitiy of the combination

- And the reference of the product. (the basic ref of the product, not the ref of the combination).

To understand correctly, i put a IMAGE;

combinations.jpg

Edited by RockStar360 (see edit history)

Ok this morning i did some more tests.

With "Use product reference as key" active, we can update quantities and other things, but nobody can update reference code.

It's impossible to change reference key, because if we change it on CSV, the import session looks for that reference (not present in the back office) so it can't update a non-existing item. To change reference code to a group of item, we have to export all combination with a module, then re-import with "delete existing combination" option flagged.

Now last problem i can't figure out: 

when I import combinations and i update quantities, these get updated correctly, but attributes family get duplicated.

Any help? I am quite baffled by this thing.

• 4 weeks later...

Hello,

Please help me with the image issue which we are facing when uploading our products via csv in Prestashop as in the Image url we are giving a link which is not of our domain but a link of an external website but that image is not getting displayed in the frontend when we are opening the same product page by directly accessing our website.Please help us in resolving this issue.We are using Prestashop 1.6.0.14.

Waiting for some reply on the same.

Regards,

Admin 1stbuy

Hello,

How can we copy all the images in the server?We have to maually upload them?Please help us with the procedure.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Waiting for your quick revert on the same.

regards,

Admin 1stbuy

The way I would do it is by using wget, but there are certainly other methods to do it. Search the web for other method if you can't use this one.

You need access to the server console.

Create a file with all the external url of the images, every url on a new line.

Through your console navigate to the folder where you want to download the images and run command:

wget ‐‐input list-of-images-url.txt

If somebody has the same needs or if it can help:

I don't know exactly if it is a bug of the 1.6.0.1 version or it is a roles-related bug

but this issue has gone away in the last stable version that i've installed (1.6.1.1) and in which i'm admin.

I have to test roles even in this version, hope to not find the same issue again.

• 1 year later...

Hi, im spanish but i will try to help you.

i will give you my "example" to update the Combinations whit CSV in 1.6, it´s difficult to work whit it the first time i tried xDD

I use this fields;

ID PRODUCT    /  COMBINATION REFERENCE      / COMBINATION       / VALUE      / QUANTITY         / PRODUCT REFERENCE ; 

I explain;

- "ID PRODUCT" this is the product id, like "2423"

- COMBINATION REFERENCE" this is very importan, if you dont give a reference to every combination, you willget the duplication error. Example: "Combination1", IMPORTANT; Prestashop shows to me like this: "REFERENCE".

- COMBINATION (or ATRIBUTE¿?) This is the atribute (Name:tipe:position)

- VALUE The value (Value:position)

- Quantitiy of the combination

- And the reference of the product. (the basic ref of the product, not the ref of the combination).

To understand correctly, i put a IMAGE;

combinations.jpg

this work good for me thx