Having problem with an order of product features

Hi everyone

I am having problems with product features in Back Office. When I add new feature and try to position it somewhere between allready existing ones, all order is getting messed up. I have more than 140 different features and, as for now, I have 3 features with position no. 0. Everytime I move them onto desired positions they move differently. Has anyone had the same problem? How to fix this bug? Please, help me.

I've got this this problem too. Not sure how to fix it, help would be appreciated.

I would add that I am using csv product imports with includes specification of the features position, but it doesn't seem to register with prestashop.

I did read somewhere that a special script may be required though???

Thing is that this problem appeared when I had about 100 features added to my shop. Earlier everything was working fine. That is why I believe it has something to do with pagination inside "Product Features" feature. I am waiting for any help.

OK, solved this, for me anyway.

The problem was that in my database, in table "ps_features", the "position" values were all incorrect. 

The solution is to go into the table "ps_features_lang" and map out the names of your features and the "id_feature". Then, go back to the table "ps_features" and change the "position" values so that they are in the correct order.

Thanks sneakypete92

I followed your latest post and I sorted it, hopefully forever, out. But what we have just done is a manual solution, system itself shouldn't mess it up just like that. Every time you use arrows to place your features in right order, system saves it in database, but in fact it doesn't. Second thing is that system should not assign doubled position's numbers, just like I had (two different id_features had the same position). As a conclusion, I would like to ask anyone to change script in such way that it cannot be possible for system to allocate two or more id_feature to one position. Many thanks in advance. And thank you sneakypete92 again. 

Edited by kwadratols (see edit history)
  • Like 1