Cart not calculating shipping costs correctly. 1st item is not included in total.

Hi All

I have found that when calculating shipping costs the first item i put in the basket does not get included in the calculations of shipping charges.

so a range is set that from 0 - 0.85 Kg shipping is £3.50,  0.85Kg -1.5 Kg shipping is £5.00

if i had 3 x 250g its £3.50. If i had 4 x 250g its £3.50. Only when i add 5 does it change to £5.00

Its as if it hasnt included the first item in its calculations. This happens with any item placed in the cart no matter how heavy, so even if its 20kg, the charge stays at 3.50! Meaning I lose lots of money on shipping!

Please help if you can. I can understand why the cart is including the first item when working out shipping costs.

Many thanks

Update to all.

I have found that if I add products from the product page is correctly calculates the shipping price. The error occurs in the shopping cart summary when you add or remove products there. Its in the shopping cart summary that it miscalculates the delivery cost.

Help is still needed if the customer decides to change quantity .

Many Regards