1 click upgrade 1.4 to 1.6.0.14

NicolasMevia

Hello,

I am trying to upgrade my Prestashop from 1.4 to 1.6.0.14.

I can not yet upgrade to 1.6.1 because of a module I use which is not yet compatible.

I have dowloaded the archive and unzipped the content in admin/autoupgrade/latest/prestashop/ and set up the 1 click upgrade module to use this folder.

When I run the upgrade it fails after backing up the database with an error 500. In the logs I get this:

PHP Fatal error:  Interface 'Core_Foundation_Database_EntityInterface' not found in /var/www/project/classes/ObjectModel.php on line 28

Has anyone got an idea on how to make this work ?

I finally got the upgrade to run using the archive from Prestashop website.

FYI MD5 (prestashop_1.6.0.14.zip) = 147d1a1197f96dcf306fcaf91796739b

Now I am stuck with another problem, I am missing some tables.

The first table missing is ps_shop_url, but there is also ps_shop and I guess some other.

Has anyone encountered this ?

Many thanks for any help.

Seems to me that the upgrade failed with those tables missing. And I am a bit puzzled that things still work. 

It isn't much of a problem to make a fresh install of PS 1.6.0.14 and to export the missing tables there and import them into the database of your shop. However, it is not unlikely that existing tables miss the new shop related fields. 

I am also a bit puzzled about your unusual way of updating. If auto-update doesn't work for you there are more conventional approaches to update:

- you can uninstall third party modules and anything that you suspect might cause problems. You might choose to keep some of them because they contain valuable data - but many can be missed for a moment.

- you should set the theme back to default. It is very unlikely that your 1.4 theme will work in 1.6. I wouldn't even try as the problems may not be immediately visible.

- you could upgrade one step at a time. First 1.4->1.5 and then 1.5->1.6

- there is a "manual upgrade". It is used to be somewhat popular up until the early times of 1.5. Google for it or search for it on this forum.

- I have written myself a little script for upgrading shops (https://www.prestashop.com/forums/topic/445453-script-for-copying-shop-content/) but that is only for those who have some background knowledge.

- Finally there are some commercial tools for transferring data between shops.

Note that the last two options assume a new shop and data being transferred. For stability reasons that is often the best solution.

Thanks for the answer.

I have tried upgrading gradually but it failed for some other reasons that I could not investigate.

I ended up using the latest version and it seems that everything is working now, some of my modules have been updated recently and are now compatible.  :)