replace add to cart button with link?

I am building a gallery site which allows sellers to list their own products and link to where these products are for sale on their own websites. So we don't need the add to cart button and although I can remove this myself I wondered if it was possible to go one step further replace it with the ability to direct customers straight to these listings.

In other words in the product listing form in the back office it would need a link field under the price one and on the shop front add to cart button would say 'purchase item', when you click the button it would go direct to that persons shop. I can hack this manually but we would like sellers to add their own info and this would be a much neater solution and my php knowledge is zero atm. I guess I could alter the manufacturer and suppliers to do this instead?

any advice would be much appreciated!

I usually use zencart but having just discovered prestashop I am really excited by what you are doing here, it looks fantastic!!

Just remove the AjaxCart javascript functions, once a user clicks "Add To Cart", they will be redirected to either the cart, or the product's page, depending on your settings. You can even change the title of the link in the template. Snoop around in /psBaseDir/themes/[your theme]/ .

Actually I realsied that didn't really answer my question, I need sellers to add their own website link when they add their product info into the form, so that when clients viewing the product click what would have been the add to cart button it takes them to the sellers own website automatically. We could just ask them to add their link into the product description but thought this way would be neater. Presumably I would have to do something to the database too but haven't got a clue how! Time I opened my mySql book!