multiple thumbnail sizes for products

Hello i would like to ask you if there is a configuration for allowing multiple image sizes for product list.

For example using col-md-9 for one product and col-md-3 for the rest if the first is too big (proportionally).

My case is comprised of multiple image sizes :

1) boxes

2) 2x box width, box height

3) 3x box width, 2x box height

Or if one product can take 3 columns of 4 columns of 2 rows. I have so far created  multiple image sizes and recreated thumbnails but what i thought is to create a dropdown selectbox when customer adds an image on backend and choose from predefined shapes and handling them from the template.

Is there a better way?

Edited by Duskfall (see edit history)

I think Masonry resizes an image to fit in a grid but doesn't take into account that a bigger image must be presented as a bigger image in the grid. It just resizes the image to fit! But I'll search for these modules thanks!

That might be totally true, I think it would depend on the module to be honest. It would not be hard to do really, you would just need to layout the grid that you want to use, then generate however many thumbnail sizes you need for it. Then you could alter the PrestaShop product list loop to use those sizes.