Cannot upload product images

After recently upgrading to the most recent version of PS and having it make a mess of everything plus not saving the rollback, I deleted everything except the IMG folder and re-installed the last saved backup. Everything went back to normal, but now I can create new products but get an error when trying to upload a product image. I can upload every other type except that. Any insight as to why this is happening or what I may be missing?

Thanks

I have the same problem after automatic updating of Prestashop at version 1.6.1.0.

The error happen in

Catalog / Products > Images > Add files... (select one or several jpg) > Upload files

On Firefox

JSON.parse: unexpected character at line 1 column 1 of the JSON data

In Chrome

Unexpected token <

Edited by satobato (see edit history)

From here I have find this:

The “JSON.parse: unexpected character at line 1…” error normally appears when you choose a csv import file that is so large, by the time you return to the page where you can start the import, the page has timed out an you are no longer logged on. Fear not, the solution is simple: Prestashop will still be set to import the same file, so all you have to do is refresh the page, login and start importing.

It'is the same error but in different import...

I do not understend how the session become time-out.

Now I try to import a little image...