Top Horizonal Menu Hover and Column Blur

vinefreshtees

Hi,

I'm currrently running Prestashop 1.6.1.0. I've read as many posts as I can about this issue and still don't seem to be able to understand. Many posts are years old and I was hoping there were other solutions to this problem by now. When I hover over a category all the subcategories show and since I sell t-shirts I have a lot of sub categories and it is rather overwhelming and distracting to see all of them at once. I like simple, straightforward and clean. I'd like to be able to show just one level with the hover as the left bar will break it down more if the customer needs it. Is there any way to do this or if not to deactivate the hover feature completely?

Also I've noticed the the fist column of images seem to be more blurry than others as seen here https://www.vinefreshtees.com/3-t-shirts, but not here https://www.vinefreshtees.com/. Click on the image and it's crystal clear. I have adjusted the picture size and that has helped some, but what I have seems to be as good as I can get. I know it isn't super noticable, but again I'd like it to be as clean as possible.

I am not well versed in code. I am a complete noob at this, but I'm learning. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!!

I referenced posts made by Vekia in other threads and I was able to fix it just like I wanted.

He recommended this: #block_top_menu ul li li ul {display:none!important;}

To show another subcategory he said to ad a li so you would end up with this: #block_top_menu ul li li li ul {display:none!important;}

I saved it and refreshed and it's the perfect fix!! Just took forever to find the right section to add it to.

I have Prestashop 1.0.6.0 and I found it under themes -> default_bootstrap -> css -> modules -> blocktopmenu -> css -> superfish-modified.css

I referenced posts made by Vekia in other threads and I was able to fix it just like I wanted.

He recommended this: #block_top_menu ul li li ul {display:none!important;}

To show another subcategory he said to ad a li so you would end up with this: #block_top_menu ul li li li ul {display:none!important;}

I saved it and refreshed and it's the perfect fix!! Just took forever to find the right section to add it to.

I have Prestashop 1.0.6.0 and I found it under themes -> default_bootstrap -> css -> modules -> blocktopmenu -> css -> superfish-modified.css

Hi, I have the same problem, i only wish to show the major categories in my shop and in my superfish-modified.css there are loads of option but i cannot seem to find the onw that does what i need.

Which section should I modify?

ps. I am on ps 1.6.1.0

hello

you can hide subcategories so in that way you will display only main categories

I have tried your suggestion and it works if you have your categories placed in correct sequence without any disabled categories in between.

How can I increase the distance between the two lines of categories so that it looks better?

Sorry for being such a pain but it is difficult when you know nothing about css.

Thanks for your help!

Edited by nikolaosp (see edit history)

• 6 months later...

hello

you can hide subcategories so in that way you will display only main categories

Hi

I have tried to hide the sub categories with the above solution, and they are hidden now, but i would like the sub categories to unfold on 'mouse over' (hover).

Anyone that know at fix for that ?

I use Prestashop 1.6.1.4 default theme wtih sticky menu mod from vekia.

post-852882-0-44963900-1454595131_thumb.jpg

Edited by Bonjovi67 (see edit history)