Orders not showing up

harial

Hi,
I am not sure how this happened but for some reason Prestashop has stopped recording orders made through paypal. The only way I even know that there was an order is that I got emails from paypal. I thought perhaps my problem was like this one:
http://www.prestashop.com/forums/viewthread/44467/#201098
But I neither updated nor are the customers existing customers. It is recording the carts but not placing the orders. It worked fine a few days ago but it started doing this suddenly yesterday. It is still working if you pay via check. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Is the order showing up in th eback office under orders? We recieved an email from googlepay but not from the store. it was showing up on the orders in back office bu tthe email notification was not set up properly and had to be reset so now we get the notice if an order is placed.
Thanks\
Rylersbud

I am posting to say that I have averted the problem. It is not fixed but I could not really wait any longer for a solution so I activated the PayPal API and have started using that and that seems to work.

Again, the problem was not solved, merely circumvented.

What version of Prestashop?
What version of Paypal?

Were you able to reproduce the problem yourself?

Did it happen to more than 1 person?

What did the customer see after coming back from the paypal site?

Have you changed anything in those files /module/paypal?

What version of Prestashop?

What version of Paypal?

Not sure about this. There are different versions of Paypal? If you are referring to the Paypal vs PayPalAPI, then it was just PayPal, it does however have 1.6 attached to it.
Were you able to reproduce the problem yourself?

Yes, I have a dummy checkout account that I used to order and I went through and checked out and paid, but there is no record on the account or in the back office after completion.
Did it happen to more than 1 person?

Yes, it has happened to two customers plus my dummy account.
What did the customer see after coming back from the paypal site?

When I tried it, it took me back to the order history of my dummy account, however there was no record listed of the order.
Have you changed anything in those files /module/paypal?

I have not. It was literally working one day and then not working the next.

Thank you very much for any help for this.

This can be related to file permissions being wrong.

The best way to narrow this down is to check if paypal is able to contact your site and notify it about the transaction.

There is a page on my site (under Useful Information -> paypal errors) with instructions on how to do that (basically you add some code to send yourself an email with the response from paypal), try that and let us know how it goes.

Same issue for me. Paypal has just been working flawlessly. Numerous orders yesterday. Today orders go through to paypal, customers pay, and then they are returned to the shop and the order is not update (no order created, cart still contains contents). No permissions issue. No changes to paypal module. I switched to the paypalAPI module and it works, although I don't like using this module as it doesn't supply the purchase details. I see another thread with the same issue

Same issue for me. Paypal has been working flawlessly. Numerous orders yesterday. Today orders go through to paypal, customers pay, and then they are returned to the shop and the order is not update (no order created, cart still contains contents). No permissions issue. No changes to paypal module. I switched to the paypalAPI module and it works, although I don't like using this module as it doesn't supply the purchase details to Paypal. I see another thread with the same issue started around the same time: http://www.prestashop.com/forums/viewthread/45687/configuring___using_prestashop/paypal_and_no_order_showing_help_please

Makes me suspicious that something has changed on the paypal side for multiple people to be asking the same thing at the same time.

MS

• 2 weeks later...
Same issue for me. Paypal has just been working flawlessly. Numerous orders yesterday. Today orders go through to paypal, customers pay, and then they are returned to the shop and the order is not update (no order created, cart still contains contents). No permissions issue. No changes to paypal module. I switched to the paypalAPI module and it works, although I don't like using this module as it doesn't supply the purchase details. I see another thread with the same issue

Any body have a resolve for this problem or are we all stuck wit this one?

Thanks for all who respond

Have you tried the solutions on my site http://www.presto-changeo.com/content/10-fixing-paypal-problems

The 3rd option there show how to send yourself an email with the response from paypal, that will let you know if
1) paypal is able to reach your site.
2) paypal is sending a response that Prestashop is not ready to handle, and therefor not creating an order.

Try that and report back what you find.

Thanks for your response,

When navigating to the URL (http://www.yoursite.com/modules/paypal/validation.php) under the instructions from section 1 I see a message that reads:

---------------------
A file permissions error has occurred. Please check the permissions on the script and the directory it is in and try again.
---------------------

What does this mean - Is this where my problem lies?

What should I see when I navigate to this page?

Many Thanks

Any body have a resolve for this problem or are we all stuck wit this one?

Thanks for all who respond

A few days later, just for giggles, I thought I would test the paypal module again. Guess what? Working fine now. I've switched off the paypalAPI module and went back to the original paypal module. I think this was a paypal issue. To add weigth to this, last week all my Paypal "payment recived" notifications were not being delivered. A cople of days later they all arrive together. I get the feeling there has been a little paypal maintenance happening of late. I'm a paypal Australia customer, not sure if that may be the common denominator.

Still happening for me and can't find any solution.

After placing orders via paypal it returns to the site and opens history and says there are no orders.

IPN is succeeding (paypal history has a 200 OK on that) but Prestashop is ignoring it. Of course I don't think it suppors IPN anyway but when clicking the "return to site" button from Paypal it just ignores all that submitted data.

I think my fault was a lack of understanding on my part. I believe that I input my user name for the sandbox site and not that of the business email account that was created within payal sandbox into my pshop setup...

===================
Double check all of your info before making any changes - possible my problem was different from the many others on here
===================

I hope this helps somebody :)

--
Eze

I am having this issue too....it sounds like I should switch to Paypal API. My site is new and was doing testing in Live to find issues. No orders created in DB, and user doesn't see anything when they are returned to site from Paypal it doesn'st say they paid, or reset their cart!