[SOLVED] Categories disappeared

I'm helping a friend sort his prestashop & i have hit a problem with the categories block. The block is installed but won't show. If you look at the source code you can the menu but it won't display. I've uninstalled the block, deleted it and upload a new copy and this hasn't worked. The website url is http://www.archetypedesign.org.uk/shop/

Any ideas?

There is a Javascript error on your website that is preventing the categories being displayed. The Javascript error is caused because autocomplete.js isn't being included. You need to go to Modules > Positions > Transplant a module, select "Quick search block" under "Module" and "Header of pages" under "Hook", then click Save.

• 11 months later...

Another possible solution:

I also encountered the same problem with the Categories block. Upon uploading the site to a live server, I wasn't seeing the categories list, although it was present in the source code. I tried adding the Quick Search block to the header hook and it worked at first, but then the categories disappeared again. The solution I found afterward was to make sure that the treeManagement.js file in my site's theme folder had the correct file permissions applied to it. I changed the permissions from 600 to 644 and was immediately able to see the categories list. Again, perhaps for others like me the problem is caused by incorrect file permissions on the Javascript / JQuery files used to load the list. Hope that helps!