PayPal In Context Checkout and PayPal Express problem

prosiaq

Hi, how to enable in context check out in prestashop. I'm using now 1.6.1.0 version and it doesn't work for me. Nothing happens when you select payment by PayPal when In Context Checkout is enabled in BO. Same with Paypal Express. It display button on product page and on order summary page but nothing happens when I click on it.

Adrian

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi,
My issue is pretty close :  when i press the paypal buttom for the "express check out" payment, the prestashop device returns me a error page without no code error or something likes that. A email  without information follows with "error reporting from your paypal module" in the heading.

I managed to fix part of the problem which makes the PayPal express checkout button work.

Select 'No' for the following:

Use PayPal In Context Checkout

Make your client pay without leaving your website 

& make sure you enter your Merchant ID which you can find in PayPal in your Profile.

However, the PayPal PAY WITH YOUR CARD OR PAYPAL ACCOUNT still does nothing when you click on it.

Hope that helps.

@ thanks reflectiveoffice.

I think that my previous message was not clear !

My issue is for the "Paypal Express" Buttom who allows the customers to go right to the Paypal server in to click. When I click on it sometimes (not at all the time)  i have a prestashop error page without error code :(

It's possible that my shared hosting could be the reason of my problem ...

Edited by cherubin66 (see edit history)

• 3 weeks later...

Hello,

For me, the only issue i found is to disallow the use of the "express check out". I Had contacted the Paypal service and they said me that is not their job ! It's a problem of  Prestashop...

As myself a customer I have never seen a webshop using it under PS !!!

Hi, i've found bug fix :

- First, remove "Move Javascript at end" (because, this option remove the async in script tag)

- Second, edit modules/paypal/views/js/paypal.js, after

environment: {if $PAYPAL_SANDBOX}"sandbox"{else}"production"{/if},

add

container: 'HOOK_PAYMENT',

And it works :)

• Like 2

Doesn't work for me as you described:(

I ve just tested your site on mac and Safari and i was redirected ( although I got screen shadowed)

I got the same effect on mine site  thanks you your advice. But still no real pop up.

Maybe it something with localization and service is not available to all. No clue :(

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 years later...