Moving prestashop from localhost to server - QUESTION

Hi,
my scenario in development of prestashop website was like this: 

I took prestashop 1.4.8.2 from the server to my local machine, then I made an update to 1.6. , installed a new theme, made many translations and changes of the modules. 

Now my question is - What is the best way to move latest prestashop back to server?? What to do with databases?

Notice: local version and version on server are different and now with changes in database

Thank you for answers

Edited by MoOoG (see edit history)

hello

if your local store works well just upload everything to remote server, replace original files with updated files that you've got in your local environment.

then update also database (just export database from your local environment, and import it to your remote environment)

after all don't forget to change settings of domain under preferences > seo & urls

It's not safe to upgrade anything manually.

After all local tests you should put your live store in maintenance mode and make an autoupgrade of it.

Then, you must reconfigure modules and all other settings to be the same as the local environment.

Of course, ALWAYS  make a full backup (database + FTP), before anything.

hello

if your local store works well just upload everything to remote server, replace original files with updated files that you've got in your local environment.

then update also database (just export database from your local environment, and import it to your remote environment)

after all don't forget to change settings of domain under preferences > seo & urls

The problem I'm facing right now:

• is that on my local machine I use database with data that is out of date (there are missing few buys from customers) and I shouldn't just import it to live. (or is there a way to merge the databases?)
  • I'm trying to upgrade website on the server from 1.4.8.2 to 1.6 but the upgrade always fails by upgrading database (I use 1-click-upgrade module). It hits:
    [Ajax / Server Error for action upgradeDb] textStatus: "error " errorThrown:"Internal Server Error " jqXHR: " "
  • also when I try to rollback to previous version -> it fails so I need to upload all files again on FTP to get my old website back (and that take at least 1h and a half)

I just don't know how to get my local website to work on server...  :wacko: I believe I should upgrade the website on the server from 1.4.8.2 to 1.6, export the template from local machine and import to server. But the upgrade always fails....

The funny part is that i downloaded the same website from server to local machine and made an update there to 1.6 and it worked. 

Side question: 

If i install a template, make changes to it and the export it and import on server website, then this website should look the same as the one from local machine (with the same changes, photos, etc.)?

Edited by MoOoG (see edit history)