Property Customer->lastname is empty

Hi all, we just launched version 1.6.0.14 and having issues when a customer tries to retrieve their password.  They receive the email with a link to confirm the request, but when they click on it they get a 500 error. I setup error reporting and got the error below.  Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

post-865259-0-02110200-1435862608_thumb.png

[PrestaShopException]

Property Customer->lastname is empty
at line 872 in file classes/ObjectModel.php

867.   868. $message = $this->validateField($field, $this->$field);  869. if ($message !== true)  870. {  871. if ($die)  872. throw new PrestaShopException($message);  873. return $error_return ? $message : false;  874. }  875. }  876.   877. return true;  

ObjectModelCore->validateFields - [line 278 - classes/ObjectModel.php]

ObjectModelCore->getFields - [line 631 - classes/ObjectModel.php]

ObjectModelCore->update - [line 249 - classes/Customer.php] - [1 Arguments]

CustomerCore->update - [line 84 - controllers/front/PasswordController.php]

PasswordControllerCore->postProcess - [line 171 - classes/controller/Controller.php]

ControllerCore->run - [line 627 - override/classes/Dispatcher.php]

Dispatcher->dispatch - [line 28 - index.php]

Hi, so I figured out the issue.  The first problem was that I had another group help with importing some of the customer data and they'd followed the guidelines.  What happened is that our employee accounts now had duplicate accounts under customers as well.  When I'd setup the employee accounts originally, I added the full first name and a 1 character initial for the last name.  During trouble shooting the issue I kept the employee account and deleted the duplicate customer accounts and then just added their first name in both First and Last name fields.  After that it seemed to be ok.