No default product category in admin

Hi.

Problem is that some products don't have default category assigned (or it is not showing). It dissapeared by itself - see attachement product-list.jpg

post-914459-0-25432500-1435673389_thumb.jpg

But on the product page that category is assigned - see attachement default-cat.jpg

post-914459-0-93025400-1435673457_thumb.jpg

The product is displayed on frontend in that category.

Now - when I hit preview (or paste a link to that product) - there are no breadcrumbs. attachement product-page.jpg

post-914459-0-96784800-1435674100_thumb.jpg

But if I navigate to that product - breadcrumbs are ok.

What is important - I edited some fields in database - and the edit was done on table product_lang (there is nothing related to category in it) - so - question is - how this edit could cause this behaviour

Please help :)

Regards

Hi.

After debugging there is an error on every product page - no matter if the product is with "bad category" ort not.

The error:

post-914459-0-30172700-1435887475_thumb.jpg

Funny thing is that I have a copy of my shop(for testing purposes) and there is everything fine with categories, but there is the same error as above on any product page. And product page is perfectly fine.

How to interpret this?

Regards, Mac.

Isn't it more like a bad query - exactly the part: id_cateogry IN () - parenthesis should not be empty i think

edit: I found a module (some specific payment module - third party) that had that query which throws that error. After disabling that module - rerror is no more.

Now I need to test it on my main shop to see if this resolves missing default category.

Edited by micemincer (see edit history)