Prestashop large combination ( 20000)

hi

I just started in prestashop. I have like 7 dropdown each with 10-15 values. WHen i click combination generator screen went blank in back end.

Is there a solution or abandon prestashop.

I had same problem with woocommerce in wordpress but i was able to create my own combination but woocommerce has better system export / import is pretty damn easy. SO i basically did all combination in excel and imported into woocommerce.

It was a breeze. 

But prestashop import and export not looking good. All it need is user select some fields and import back. is there module which able to select combination import?. and if there is combination already exist it overwrites?.

Also i am not sure what would be front end issue would be load 15000variations. i may need to hack that and get price directly from database using ajax.

Anyone help me guide in prestashop?.

( i can't use woocommerce in this project so i need alternative..i tried magento but its bad zend framework ..i need a cms cart i can use many projects)

thanks

alexk

Edited by alexk345 (see edit history)

I understand attribute pro only create attributes. I already have attributes , its combinations  i have issues as prestashop crashed on combination generation. why do not these people give trial before i can buy. i do not know this solve my problem as most modules are crap in general.

I understand attribute pro only create attributes. I already have attributes , its combinations  i have issues as prestashop crashed on combination generation. why do not these people give trial before i can buy. i do not know this solve my problem as most modules are crap in general.

This module is solid, it will fix your issue and it is the only way to fix your issue. So you can make your decision off of that. 

And they do have a demo on the module page that you can use. It is for combinations with attributes. 

I tried store manager for prestashop it was utter crap. Seems like anything associated with prestashop not working well. How in the world people using this ?. seriously. it can't handle even 3000 combination. Atleast they should release many options. I am stuck with my decision..may be i just use woocommerce...( that is worst case scenario). i am wondering prestashop existance someone would ahve solved 20000 combination per product. Also combination page without paging ...wtf ?. Who designed this prestashop? Why no one release prestashop combination in paging form?. 

Unbelievable.

It could be a user problem too. Its not that it cannot handle 3000 combinations, it is the server that you are on cannot handle them. You could always upgrade servers. Your issue is more than likely a time out issue, you are a developer, debug it out. 

For the 20000 combinations I told you what you need to do to make it happen. I have products with close to 1 trillion combinations running that module. 

The problem in the native system of combinations is that there are many tables related, this is good, but when the number of rows is big that's the problem, maybe you can manage these number of combinations with a VPS and Memcached

hi

I can have any number in wordpress. I use spreadsheet and import and ajax to get price directly from table. The problem here is i need to find how to import combination from csv

Basically combination + price + weight   

Is there simple import combination module.. i do not want to import too many column .. 

Also combination view need to have paging in prestashop. otherwise it will crash.

hi

Ok i have to create my own module for import / export and generate combination and display. If i make my own how much i can sell it in market?.

Yes once its done i just have to bypass Prestashop core completely so prestashop can have million combination per product  if mysql memory permits that many rows.

thanks

alexk

surrey

I do not think so. The combinations are not in separate fields. Also it do not use comma separated , its uses semicolon. When i saw sample file its crap.

Prestashop import file it uses two column...i need to divide them into as many attributegroup ( problem with import of prestashop is they wanted to fixed column import and export .. Attribute groups are dynamic. You have to match csv column to prestashop column everytime import)

Attribute (Name:Type:Position)*

Value (Value:Position)* Color:color:0, Disk space:select:1 Blue:0, 16GB:1

I basically recreate import combination and ignore rest of fields. it imports combination as  Group and values. Not good enough to manage properly.

Attribute Group name

Size Type Qty Turnaround Price Weight

CSV each one occupy single column.

That is real import setup which customer can manage pricing themself.

Problem with prestashop is it is just T shirt store. And thinking going through design is simple store. Even woocommerce is lot better.

http://doc.prestashop.com/display/PS16/CSV+Import+Parameters

I am not seeing load mapping configuration - i want to match my csv with table fields but unfortunately Prestashop attribute setup kinda complex and awful. Only option is i manually parse csv and find correspoding attribute id using language and attribute group ( csv column name attribute:size ) ..this should have done by prestashop. Anyways i know what i have to do as  i am getting familar with prestashop...my exp with prestashoop only 4 days. I am trying to figure out a way to solve import of 378000 combination per product.

Edited by alexk345 (see edit history)

Thats ok. Only thing i am interested now is quick solution. If i am going to spend lot of time improving prestashop i should do my own cms cart which i kinda stopped after few website i build it on.

Anyways now i am just creating my own import setup as rest of choices are not helpful. This iste pricing managed from csv not prestashop. So buying attribute wizard do not help me either. As prestashop backend is really slow already.

I post in this forum to see what kinda response i get. So far not much helpful. 

Update:

I already imported combination individually from csv to prestashop database. I just had to customize existing csv import into my own import by product. So basically i imported 1200 rows of combination. But i have yet to test 100000 rows to see how prestashop does...if it crashes then i just skip prestashop logic for pricing