CSV upload for products with 0 quantity does not work

I am using CSV upload and everything works good (with less than 70 products uploading), except when I wish to put quantity to zero for some products. When I upload CSV with 0 quantity, nothing happened. Quantity did not change but stays the same as before.

I do not want to disable them, I wish them to be visible because I will have them again on stock in future. If I am changing the quantity to number 1 or more, everything works well. Any idea?

Do you work with stock management enabled in the settings? You could just use the field "available for order" and set it to "0" = no which means that the article shows up but there won't be an add to cart button (no matter how many items are on stock). As soon as you set it back to available for order "1" = yes and update the number of items the item would be available again.

Edited by prestamax (see edit history)

Do you work with stock management enabled in the settings? You could just use the field "available for order" and set it to "0" = no which means that the article shows up but there won't be an add to cart button (no matter how many items are on stock). As soon as you set it back to available for order "1" = yes and update the number of items the item would be available again.

It is not a good solution for me because I do it automaticly though excel. I do not know why csv upload do not accept 0 quantity? Anyone have the same problem.

• 2 weeks later...

Have you tried to leave the field empty and not stating any number at all?

If you leave it empty nothing will change. If I have 5 pcs on stock and I upload csv with empty field I will still have 5 pcs on stock.