Default shipping cost - delivery cost

frankpulido

I have a problem that I guess can be solved through configuration.

I am loosing new customers because the abandon carts when see the "default" shipping cost… The case is that the cost shown is the highest possible and the customers quit at STEP 1 of the payment process.

(Before knowing delivery address)

The default VAT is Spanish VAT, where my company is based...

I would like the shop to show "local shipping cost" by default and correcting VAT and delivery cost when customer provide delivery address...

Any ideas of how to set this right?...

And if you change the default carrier? I mean, switch to one that has the lowest starting price ?!

Thanks Ehinarr… The problem is that it indeed uses the default carrier fee, but its highest fee as if the shipment is in a different continent… I want it to display the minimum fee for shipment (domestic delivery) until the user introduces delivery address...

Given that by default I show our domestic VAT (21%), almost the highest in the World, also showing such a high delivery cost is scaring away prospective customers… In most cases of deliveries overseas, my VAT is equivalent to the delivery cost, so once the customers indicate delivery address the delivery cost added is compensated with the VAT cancelation...