big validations problems

dibs223

:-) Hi all

I hope somone can help me out here i am really fed up now spent a solid 3 months doing my web to find i have 35 errors
in the w3c validation.

What I need help with, is after i have done the validation how do I find where the code is wrong? I have done so much change of my code I don't know where the errors are coming from :-S

Ive installed fireup,firebug is it possible to use these to find the errors if so how do i do it?

Sorry for being a noob at this! hope somone can help me out :-) I have lots of errors to go through :down:

Thanks sarahd for that quick reply.

I ve done the test thank you I feel even worse now lol more errors! Ive got 35 html errors and now 4 css errors.

Where and how do i get help on all this?

23 body Value Error : background-repeat Too many values or values are not recognized : repeat-x center repeat-x center
155 input:focus Property outline-offset doesn't exist in CSS level 2.1 but exists in : 0 0
2684 .confirmation Value Error : color forestgreen is not a color value : forestgreen forestgreen

thats just my css file

please help

To correct these errors your PS version needs a make-up. Each line is listed (i.e. 23,155,2684) and file is indicated isn't it ?

for now W3C is not mandatory, I wouldn't worry. People at W3C are trying to set standards, but many don't follow. It is not even sure that it will be a standard one day... who knows. Read about chaos law, where it say that world does not tend to uniformisation, but inversely, to differentiation.

Why would you want a 100% W3C compliant ?

sorry Sarahd can you try explain a little easier please.
I dont follow what you mean ps version? Each line is listed (i.e. 23,155,2684?

sorry like I said I am new at this. at uni we didn't get told how to fix errors lol just to get things working which it is but would just like to expand a little further to knowing the problems.

Thanks again for your time to reply

what he means is, after checking the site it gives you the URI to the file with problems, and in that file, the number of the line with the error coresponds to the number and the error you get for the error results. So you just need to find the file, find the line and modify it.
For example:
URI : http://cumperipentruacasa.ro/themes/Earth/css/global.css
51 noscript ul Value Error : color grey is not a color value : grey grey

That means i have an error at line 51 in global.css and i probably need to change the 'grey' to a hex code.

Thank you both for that! :-)

I ve fig that and got ride of most of the errors apart from 2 which I need help on if you can?

155 input:focus Property outline-offset doesn't exist in CSS level 2.1 but exists in : 0 0

308 Parse Error test

the first error 155 what can i use here instead?
and on line 308 all I have is

#right_column {
   width: 190px;
   padding-left: 15px;
}

/* global RTE fields */

/*div.rte,  */                      /* think this is to do with  editorial.tpl  need to check it out*/
.mceContentBody {
   text-align:left;
   background:white;
   color:black;
}