Shipping charges that I have not set

Hi Guys,

I am rather new to Prestashop and have recentrly installed Version 1.2.5.0 - 0.051s .
Everything went exceptionally well until I tried to order a product - the shipping was not as I had set it to be.

To see if I could narrow down the problem, I deteted all carriers to start again, yet still £5.80 was showing as a shipping charge. I zero'd shipping on price ranges and on weight ranges, and can't think where else this " surcharge " would be hidding.

If I add a shipping charge of say £2.00 the figure increases to £7.80 hence why I am calling it a surcharge.
Any ideas??
Regards
Andy

Do you use module cash on delivery with fee ? And your fee is 5.8 ?

have you tried bypassing known bug by inserting 0.00001 in first price/weight ranges instead of 0.0.

Hi Sarah,

Thank you for your help.
I do not accept COD, so I have not installed that payment option.
I have tried the the 0.00001 suggested and still have £5.80 showing as postage cost.

I am understanding the problem a little better now: It was actually £5.98 postage which happens to be £5 plus 19.6 % VAT. I deleted the VAT category 19.6% and it has reduced to £5.00.

When I first experimented with Prestashop I had this £5 extra postage problem. I found it to be a handling charge ( standard in the setup ) which I removed and the problem went away. It would appear that I have a "hidden " £5 postal or carriage charge somewhere !!
Regards
Andy

Question, When you click on the shipping tab and go down to the part that says "Fees by carrier, geographical zone, and ranges" and on the drop down select the carrier, do you see fees there?

If so, zero them out and click save. CLICKING SAVE is key. I kept changing the numbers and never clicked save, my scroll bar stopped just under the bottom Country so I didn't see it.

Question, When you click on the shipping tab and go down to the part that says "Fees by carrier, geographical zone, and ranges" and on the drop down select the carrier, do you see fees there?

If so, zero them out and click save. CLICKING SAVE is key. I kept changing the numbers and never clicked save, my scroll bar stopped just under the bottom Country so I didn't see it.

On my first attempt with this cart, that is exactly the problem I had, however rather than set it at £0, I just increased it to £1.00 and it hasn't increased teh shipping. This would imply ( to me as a non techie ) that this area of the database is not being updated.

Just to confirm, I attached a screen shot.

Your doing each drop down, editing each price point and clicking the bottom save for each one before going to the next.

Thanks for the screen shot. That makes it very clear: I have been doing what you say and you have sort of flushed out the problem area:
Whatever £ amount I put into this area and update, doesn't find its way into the database ( add on to shipping costs ). This implies that it is unable to override the £5 already sitting there. For example if I set £10 for each zone or £0.25 teh shipping stays the same at £5.00
Now completely out of my depth !!!!!!!!!
Regards
Andy

Hi Guys,

I just wanted to thank you for helping me.

I have managed to solve the problem:
When I looked at the Dbase in PHPMyAdmin, there were a number of entries for this £5.00 in the Delivery field.
So I thought, if I delete all of them, the worst I could be in for was a reinstall !!!!
Well the moment that they were gone, everything worked perfectly as it should.

I have to admit I am a "Deep End Techie" - my techie left so I am in the deep end! This is all pretty new to me - first time I have used PHPMyAdmin or installed a cart:)

Thanks Again, I really do appreciate the way that everyone has been so helpful.
Andy

• 8 months later...