Tab : Associations (500) error

Hello everyone!

So I was peacefully adding categories to my site and then figured I'd do a test product and see how it turns out. I went ahead and added the product, going down the tabs, until I hit "associations" tab. It started to load (longer than usual) and within 5 seconds a popup screen displays the following:
Tab : Associations (500)
A server error occurred while loading the tabs: some tabs could not be loaded.
Please try again by refreshing the page.
If you are still encountering this problem, please check your server logs or contact your hosting provider for assistance.

First thing I can think of, Console Log, and out spits this message:

- Synchronous XMLHttpRequest on the main thread is deprecated because of its detrimental effects to the end user's experience. For more help, check http://xhr.spec.whatwg.org/.
 - http://aaronsautosport.com/modules/labcustomfooter/ajax.php Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 500 (Internal Server Error)
 - http://aaronsautosport.com/(admin path)... Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 500 (Internal Server Error)

All other tabs work the way they're supposed to. And hopefully this doesn't come in the way... but I also have like well above 1,000 categories... if not more... 

Please let me know guys I appreciate all your help in advance. 
Edited by BimmerExchange (see edit history)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hi, I'm having the same problem.

I also get the following message:

Associations (500)

If you are still encountering this problem, please check your server logs or contact your hosting provider for assistance

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Edited by LucasV (see edit history)

Yes. Turns out theirs a default root category in the categories tab in your MySQL database. I believe it has an ID of 1 and 0. Once you delete it it gives you this error.

How exactly did you solve this problem?

Thanks

How exactly did you solve this problem?

Thanks

Have you messed with the database? If not, then ignore the message below because we're probably having separate issues. But if you did mess with your database, here's what I did:

I got this error because I cleaned out my categories directly from the database instead of the back-end. I had thousands of categories so that was the easiest way. 

I erased data from these guys:

Cleaned it out empty. You'll notice some categories have an ID of "1" and "2" and even a parent ID of "0". Once you delete those, you'll get that error. Since I'm a newbie and don't know much about sql, I re-installed Prestashop on a local server and exported only the sql tables I listed above and imported it on my actual website's sever. So it's as if you're re-installed the default categories all over again.

So that's my ghetto way of doing things around here. Hope this helped! :)

• 1 month later...

did you still have your products when you did this or did it erase them? and how do you export the tables?

Ah man this is a old thread I hope my memory serves well.

Products were all still present, you just needed to re-assign them to the correct category. Since I was going to clean it all out anyway, I deleted the products and uploaded a CSV file that has all my products. I assigned each product all the correct categories in the CSV file, and imported them so it generated the categories by itself. By that I mean using "Categories(x,y,z...)" as one of the variables in the CSV file to generate categories for me.

When you view the MySql tables you'll see a button named "Export" click that and then click "Go." Make sure you're on the correct table when you're exporting. 

Theirs also a button for import by the export button. Simply import that into the new table and there you have it! :)

• 5 months later...

Hey guy,

I had the same error.

(500 Internal Server Error)
If you are still encountering this problem, please check your server logs or contact your hosting provider for assistance.

BUT I WAS ABLE TO SOLVE IT BY THIS STEPS:

GOTO BACK OFFICE 
ADVANCE PARAMETERS
PERFORMANCE
ENABLE CACHE
MAKE SURE FORCE RECOMPILE IS UNCHEKED
THEN ENABLE APACHE OPTIMIZATION

prestashop 1.6....

Goodluck...

Hi Wisdomp10 !

Thank you so much ! What you wrote (enable cache, etc...) made the trick ! I had actually like 3 or 4 error "500" when loading the product page in the BO, and they are now gone!

I've been working on Prestashop for years now, i was so far on Presta 1.4, and i just migrate to 1.6 hoping to escape the bugged period... bug i think it's still ful of bugs !

I'm really pissed off have to debug Prestashop instead of working on my new project.

Other fix if this can help some people... Smarty {debug} popup only works when in "Advanced Parameters > Performance > CCC (Combine, Compress and Cache)" you enable "Move JavaScript to the end" ! Which i think is CRAZY !!! If you don't do that.... according to the template you insert this tag, it will either work... or not! If it doesn't work, it will display the content of the Smarty Debug Console INSIDE the page !!!!

Prestashop 1.6 is now on the market for so long, and so many bugs are remaining... it's really disappointing (especially because i often promote Prestashop around me)!

Cheers!

• Like 1

• 6 months later...

Hey guy,

I had the same error.

(500 Internal Server Error)

BUT I WAS ABLE TO SOLVE IT BY THIS STEPS:

GOTO BACK OFFICE 
ADVANCE PARAMETERS
PERFORMANCE
ENABLE CACHE
MAKE SURE FORCE RECOMPILE IS UNCHEKED
THEN ENABLE APACHE OPTIMIZATION

prestashop 1.6....

Goodluck...

I have do that...but still have error 

(500 error)
Error in server while loading tab: multiple tabs could not be loaded.
Please try again to refresh this page.
If you still find the same problem, check your server logs or enlist the help of your hosting space.

anyone can help?