Changing button text

Hi,

I would like to change the button text for out of stock items, is this possible?

Out of stock but allowing orders I would like the button text to display Pre-Order

Out of stock and not allowing orders I would like the button to display the text Out of Stock

Is this possible to do?

Thank you for your help

If you want both things, then there is no magical trick, you have to do it manually in for each product in the BO -> Product -> Quantity. There are the fields you can decide what to show for each product in case there is no stock

Hi, thank you, I don't have these fields to change button text, after weeks of looking I'm pretty sure they need to be coded in but the posts I found were always really old versions

sorry I didn't mention the version I was using - 1.6.0.14

Many thanks for your help

Oh sorry, I know about that field, sorry for any confusion but I wanted the button text changing. Not sure why its still not standard in Prestashop but the button always displays add to cart

www.otakuhype.co.uk for reference on the main page under "featured products" there is an out of stock item with a blanked out button

I wanted the button to display "Out of Stock" and also any products out of stock but allowing pre-order to display "Pre-Order"

Many thanks

Hi OtakuHype,

Go to Back Office -> Preferences -> Products

There is PRODUCTS STOCK section and field name is "Allow ordering of out-of-stock products" on the bottom of this page.

Please enable it and you need to change, the button text what you want, product.tpl under the actived theme.

Hi, thank you

I have found this code under the product.tpl of my theme 

<div class="box-cart-bottom">
						<div{if (!$allow_oosp && $product->quantity <= 0) || !$product->available_for_order || (isset($restricted_country_mode) && $restricted_country_mode) || $PS_CATALOG_MODE} class="unvisible"{/if}>
							<p id="add_to_cart" class="buttons_bottom_block no-print">
								<button type="submit" name="Submit" class="exclusive">
									<span>{if $content_only && (isset($product->customization_required) && $product->customization_required)}{l s='Customize'}{else}{l s='Add to cart'}{/if}</span>
								</button>
							</p>
						</div>
						{if isset($HOOK_PRODUCT_ACTIONS) && $HOOK_PRODUCT_ACTIONS}{$HOOK_PRODUCT_ACTIONS}{/if}<strong></strong>
					</div> <!-- end box-cart-bottom -->

Do I need to add anything or what would I need to edit?

many thanks for your help

each product have got own text when product is out of stock

to alter this text - go to product edit page and open "quantity" section, you will see there this text

hope that this is what you're looking for

Thank you Vekia, I know about those fields, but I need the main button (add to cart) changing

Out of stock but allowing orders I would like the button text to display 'Pre-Order' this will allow the customer to notice right away its a pre-order. 

If this isn't possible I may have to go around the hard way by placing banners on each pre-order product image.

Thank you all for your help

Edited by OtakuHype (see edit history)

I think I may have seen all the pre-order threads, I've spent weeks on this now, that thread was left without any real answer other than use a pre-order module which are all really bad or use text fields which as we all know most people wont read and will expect the product right away. My guess is its not possible with prestashop without a bad module and I will have to use images until I find something that works.

I'm confused as to how 99% of online stores can offer pre-orders without any problems. My store will be stocking a lot of anime merchandise which 90% is pre-order based :(

Thanks everyone for your help

For anyone coming to this thread: Ill use pre-order text on images along with a note and date in "Displayed text when backordering is allowed"