Manually making changes to Product Information in Database and forcing arebuild

simon76

Hello, I have been manually changing the product "Additional shipping fees" column in the prestashop database as this seems to be a far quicker way of editing a large number of products. The problem I have is with the my store (products) not picking up the changes I made to the database. Is there anyway I can force the store to rebuild the product pages to reflect the changes I have made in the database.

Thanks

Simon

I expect turn off any server cache, and smarty cache, (Adv. Parameters->Performance ) and on the same page force compilation to YES.

Clear browser cache.

Then reload the pages and see if it works.

Hope it does,

pascal.

Hi Pascal, thank you for the reply. I followed your instructions but I still can't get it the store to pick up the database changes. I guess that I will have edit products manually which is a real Pain.

Simon

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

Hi Pascal, thank you for the reply. I followed your instructions but I still can't get it the store to pick up the database changes. I guess that I will have edit products manually which is a real Pain.

Simon

Were you able to resolve this issue? 

I have also cleared all cache several times and manually as well.  Even disabled cache.  

All "additional_shipping_cost" fields are 0 in the database but I still see in the BO > Product details "Additional shipping fees (for a single item)".

How to clear this value?