Shop is closed for HOLIDAYS (1-2 WEEKS)

sassbar

Hello,
I have question:

All employes goes on summer vacation for a period of 1 - 2 weeks and is necessary to disable the possibility of purchases during this period for customers.

The shop works at the Prestashop 1.6.14.

"Maintenance Mode" doesn't approach since in this mode the shop completely is deactivated and customers  will misunderstand it - like shop owner has serious problems (1 - 2 weeks is so long time for fully disabling shop).
 Maybe is present any function or module which deactivates only possibility of purchase but shop works like show-window (with or  without little changes).

I think that this question interests many Prestashop users especially before summer.

I will be glad to any council or the recommendation.

Best regards,
SASS

Honestly I would recommend NOT to use maintenance mode as your SEO ranking will go down the drain.

I would recommend that you do either one of the following:

1) Keep the shop open, don't change anything, let people order, and show a popup with a warning that order delivery might be delayed a few days due to holidays. That way you are honest to your customers, you keep your shop open, and clients know what is happening.

2) Put the shop in catalogue mode (Back Office -> Preferences -> products -> find the option Catalogue mode). THis will disable prices on your site, and prevent usersw from ordering. This is the best "worst" decision you can make, since your pages will no longer have prices, and it will seem strange to users. Keep in mind that shopping carts won't work, and that people can't reorder their previous orders. This might also blow up your template if it doesn't support catalog-mode only (prices will be gone, add to cart buttons gone etc).

I would seriously go for the first option, as its honest, and you will still be able to make money in your shop.

• Like 1

Thank you Las3r!

Yes, it's a good posibility!
I has tried the 'Catalogue mode' (Back Office -> Preferences -> products -> Products (general) -> Catalogue mode). In my Shop (Prestashop 1.6.0.14) in the Catalogue mode I can see regular priced (- it's not good, but not critical) but I can't find possibility to buy goods (- it's a good).
 I think I use both options: 1) and 2) - I write a banner that all employers at the vacation (hollidays) for 2 weeks (for example) and I put the shop to the 'Catalogue mode'. In this case I hope most of customers understend that shop is closed for vacation.

Once again thank you Las3r very much for so easy and powerful solution!
SASS

• 2 years later...

Hi,

I just found this old thread and I'm very  interested in the suggested solution:

"show a popup with a warning that order delivery might be delayed a few days due to holidays".

But how do I do this (without buying a module ;-) ) ?