Email translation problem - messed up templates

Hi,

I want to translate email templates in my Prestashop 1.6 (1.6.0.14), but when I start editing and than save the changes, it messes up the templates.

For example: I install fresh prestashop, go to Localization>Translations>Email templates translations, default-bootstrap, my language > Modify. Expand "Core emails" and click on "account" email template. View HTML version works fine - it just shows the email template. Then I go to "Edit HTML version" which is also OK. But then i translate e.g. Heading and press "Save"

It shows a flash message "Successful update" and 3 warnings right after:

There are 3 warnings:
  • A mail directory exists for the "sk" language, but not for the default language (en) in /themes/default-bootstrap/modules/followup/mails

• A mail directory exists for the "sk" language, but not for the default language (en) in /themes/default-bootstrap/modules/mailalerts/mails

• A mail directory exists for the "sk" language, but not for the default language (en) in /themes/default-bootstrap/modules/referralprogram/mails

Now if I expand core emails and open "account" template > "View HTML version" it is messed up like it lost its CSS, it is now on wierd cyan color background.

When this happend I went to FTP, and restored original templates from backup and now the edit works fine.

I do not understand this:

1. why did it mess up the templates in the first place?

2. why are there some missing templates in modules? What should I do about it?

3. why emails can be found in root/mails and then in /themes/default-bootstrap/mails? Which are in use? Should I translate both or just one?

4. can I somehow send all emails to my testing email account to see if they look and read properly?

I had the same problem last time I installed another instance of prestashop, but I did not have time to debugg, so I just did the changes in the code and copied the changed templates using FTP. I believe this should be resolved, because it is like fundamental think to do when installing new language.

Thank you for any insight.

I had the exact thing happened to me just now. I got the weird cyan background color and "View as HTML" is different from "Edit as HTML".

I'm trying to restore all files with a backup and some emails seem to be fixed but some are not. Maybe I missed some files...

Edit: turns out it was the themes/themefolder/mails/en that I needed to restore, not the mails folder in the root directory. 

I was just trying to get my logo/banner to show in my emails, so I thought to hard code the URL of the image in there. After hitting Save this mess happens. 

Edited by tinyhands (see edit history)

I was messing up with that issue a little more and I did not find any solution, but it seems that after the restore it starts to work OK.
I am now able to translate the emails from back-office. There is some weird-prestashop-sh*t going on here.

But the 3 warnings still remain a mystery :)

• 6 months later...
  • 10 months later...

100% this 

I had the exact thing happened to me just now. I got the weird cyan background color and "View as HTML" is different from "Edit as HTML".

I'm trying to restore all files with a backup and some emails seem to be fixed but some are not. Maybe I missed some files...

Edit: turns out it was the themes/themefolder/mails/en that I needed to restore, not the mails folder in the root directory. 

I was just trying to get my logo/banner to show in my emails, so I thought to hard code the URL of the image in there. After hitting Save this mess happens. 

100% this was my problem.

and a 100% your solution worked well

Thank to you All