Reaching CPU Resource Limit

Hi Guys,

Apache: 2.4.12
PHP: 5.4.38
Prestashop: 1.6.0.14

I'm really hoping someone here can help me, I am currently in the process of updating my Prestashop store and have hit a problem that I do not know how to fix.

To cut a long story short, i've just installed a new responsive theme and ever since the server has been intermittently hitting the resource limit for CPU Usage and Input / Output Usage (see attached screengrab).

I have uninstalled any modules that I do not need and have disabled all slider animations but it is still happening. I even got a message from Google to say that there is a problem with my server which stopped them crawling it.

I'm on a shared hosting account which I know isn't great but before I upgrade to VPS or Dedicated account I wondered if anyone could offer any advice? This problem wasn't there before I upgraded which means its probably either the new theme or the upgrade to 1.6.0.14?

Thank you in advance for any help you can give me.

Chris

post-710028-0-83318900-1430687191_thumb.png

Hi Guys,

Attached is a screengrab of what I could see when connected via ssh, could someone a lot smarter than me tell me if these readings are in normal ranges please?

Any help with this would be great and my site is going down every 30 mins or so at the moment!! :(

Chris.

post-710028-0-31796400-1430757803_thumb.png

You may want to keep an eye on command 'top' and hit P (or U) to sort by CPU usage.

That may give you some info, at least if it's PHP or MySQL related.

You may have better luck turning on debug profiling (in /config/defines.inc.php) as it will show a full usage report in the front end.

• 8 months later...

Yes, it turned out to be an issue with the Page Cache Module so try uninstalling that if you have it and see if it makes a difference.

Failing that try uninstalling every module that is not being used and see if it resolves the issue.

Are you on VPS or Shared hosting?