Part of backoffice is unusable - "Smarty_Internal_Utility" not found

Hi all,

I get this error when I try to edit the length of the short description:

Fatal error: Class 'Smarty_Internal_Utility' not found in /var/www/www.golfgreen.dk/www/tools/smarty/Smarty.class.php on line 1469

I use Prestashop 1.6.0.14, the default theme and Danish language translations.

Can anyone help me how to remove this error?

I have access to FTP and MySQL so that should be no problem.

Kind regards,

Steffen

The error line is:

return Smarty_Internal_Utility::clearCompiledTemplate($resource_name, $compile_id, $exp_time, $this);   

Seems that you installed a second template which is not compatible ? If yes, please uninstal the template.

If not, you should revise the settings of cache and smarty on your server. Please see attached screen for native settings, you should not change.

post-741527-0-74024200-1430566302_thumb.jpg

Edited by selectshop.at (see edit history)

The error line is:

return Smarty_Internal_Utility::clearCompiledTemplate($resource_name, $compile_id, $exp_time, $this);   

Seems that you installed a second template which is not compatible ? If yes, please uninstal the template.

If not, you should revise the settings of cache and smarty on your server. Please see attached screen for native settings, you should not change.

I have my installation set to these settings, and I do not have any other templates installed.

It is very strange, another installation I have created at almost same time makes no errors.

Brug Cache = NO.  Activate Brug Cache only if you have installed APC, memcache or xCache. Filesystem is not a good caching system, besides make some troubles. In this case it is better to don't activate. Please ask your provider, if APC, memcache or XCache is installed on your server. If yes you can the one which is installed.

CCC you should ask your provider if your server supports combine, compress and compile. But you can simply activate all options there and test by yourself. If the server supports them, than speed of your site will increase. Better performance you will notice merely only on pages with 2.000 products upwards.

Brug Cache = NO.  Activate Brug Cache only if you have installed APC, memcache or xCache. Filesystem is not a good caching system, besides make some troubles. In this case it is better to don't activate. Please ask your provider, if APC, memcache or XCache is installed on your server. If yes you can the one which is installed.

CCC you should ask your provider if your server supports combine, compress and compile. But you can simply activate all options there and test by yourself. If the server supports them, than speed of your site will increase. Better performance you will notice merely only on pages with 2.000 products upwards.

Thanks for your comments, but do you have any idea what is causing the problem? :-)

Thanks for your comments, but do you have any idea what is causing the problem? :-)

I downloaded a fresh Prestashop installation and kopied the files from tools/smarty to my current installation.

This helped repair the error.

Mainly all smartyxxxx errors come from changed files or something installed which changes/override native template functions. In this case only you know what you did for to correct.