Add custom Product Type in prestashop 1.6x

Hi,

I am new to prestashop. I am using version 1.6.0.14. I need to add a custom Product Type for each of the product. Like the option of Categories given for each product, I want to add option to select from a list of Product Types and assign it to that product. This Product Type is different from the "Type" (Standard product, Pack of existing products, Virtual product (services, booking, downloadable products, etc.)) we see in the "Information" tab of the Product when we add / edit product. Please, somebody let me know how this can be achieved? Is there any add on / module available to achieve this?

Let me explain what I mean by Product Type. Suppose we have a main category "Clothing & Accessories" and its sub categories are "Clothing", "Accessories", "Footwear", "Handbags". Now I need to define "Product Type" also for each of the product. My "Product Type" can be any one from the following "shirts, sweatshirts, pants, hats, coats, shoes, skirts, dresses, shirts, tops". Now I need a feature in prestashop where I can define "Product Type" for each of the product. May be a feature where I can manage list of "Product Type" and for each of the product assign a "Product Type" by selecting from that list or only have a text field of "Product Type" in the product page where I can input "Product Type" or something like that. What are the possible ways in prestashop to achieve this?