Overriding price in BO when creating a new order

Rabbit80

Hi,

We are having an issue overriding the unit price when creating a new order in the back office. The issue seems to stem from the fact that we have set up cart rules to automatically apply quantity discounts - if the quantity is large enough for the cart rules to apply, then we cannot override the price - it simply resets back to the price the rule sets.

EG.. Product is £100 and we offer a 5% discount for ordering 3+ normally - unit price shows £95

A customer orders 50 items so we want to give them 10% - when we are creating the order, we put in a unit price of £90, as soon as the cursor leaves the box the unit price goes back to £95

What can we do to fix this?

Many Thanks

Rabbit

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

We are still desperate for a solution to this. As a temporary measure, we created a status for price adjustments - however this doesn't work correctly as it still sends out a confirmation email and emails about each of the price edits.

Any ideas or workarounds would be appreciated.

• Like 1

Maybe just add a price rule for those 50 item, where you give 10% discount?

(If needed, you could make it for only customers in a special group and add the customer to this group when you want to give that discount and not to everyone who order 50 items)

My 2 cents,

pascal

Maybe just add a price rule for those 50 item, where you give 10% discount?

(If needed, you could make it for only customers in a special group and add the customer to this group when you want to give that discount and not to everyone who order 50 items)

My 2 cents,

pascal

If possible, we would prefer to do this as a special price rather than a discount.

• 1 month later...

Did you find a solution?

I'm on 1.6.0.13 this is very annoying that I can't change the unit price for an item when creating an order in BO because the price goes back to the original price updated by my Price Rules.    I just removed all my Catalog Price Rules, that was the only way to make it work.

• 1 month later...

Did you find a solution?

I'm on 1.6.0.13 this is very annoying that I can't change the unit price for an item when creating an order in BO because the price goes back to the original price updated by my Price Rules.    I just removed all my Catalog Price Rules, that was the only way to make it work.

Hi, sorry its taken me a while to see your question (holidays, surgery etc...).. Yes we did find a solution - just create a new currency with a 1 to 1 value.. your catalog price rules don't have to apply to that new currency and you can change the currency in back office with 1 click. This then disables catalog price rules for that specific order.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

You can change that price by one more step.

1. Create the new order status - something like "Order accepted by phone".

2. Check only one checkbox in the settings of the new status, namely "Do not show this status to customer in order's history" (something like that text). Save settings.

3. Now create a new order and leave prices in that order as is without any changing - do not bother about it. But status of the order set here to "Order accepted by phone". Save the new order.

4. Now go to the new order in orders list and edit it: set prices here as you agreed with the customer by phone. And do not forget set the order status to new: "Order is preparing". Now your customer will see order's invoice and get email (if you checked appropriate boxes in Order is preparing status settings) with agreed prices.

All should work fine, but it seems that there is another bug in Prestashop 1.5.3.1 (I am using that version). I do not set in "Order accepted by phone" status settings checkbox "Send email to customer". But anyway the email with copy order and catalog prices is sent. Could you inform how it works on newer versions of Prestashop. Is there the same bug? Can be resolved the bug with sending email for this status to a customer?