Here is how much prestashop cares about the problematic json issue in the backoffice product details

Here is the email i sent to prestashop after trying to get all of us experiencing the spinning save and stay and save button issue with json on the product details page-

Aparently this isnt a major concern for them even though there are numerous posts here with no resolution other than reinstalling a fresh copy of the store (not an option for many of us)

So we will bid prestashop farewell and switch to magento this weekend- our shop is unusable currently because we cant edit the products in the product details page, change prices, add carriers or change quantities. 

so spin on buttons!

My email-

Luis
Hope this email finds you well today.

My partner and I have a Prestashop version 1.6.014 that is having issues with the save and stay and save buttons spinning forever because the json never posts a completion when in the product details section of the back office under the catalog.  The shop started out as a 1.6.0.5 shop with no issues then with 0.11 we started seeing the increased length of time that it took for the save and save and stay buttons to become active. The entire shop until 1 week ago was using the default modules and themes with the exception of the Presto-Changeo fedex label module.  But like I mentioned we had no issues with saving products or updating product details until we upgraded to 1.6.0.11 and more with 1.6.0.14 making save and stay and save buttons completely inactive.  My partner Tyler called Prestashop support two times and finally after some difficulties got your email.

This is a known bug and there are several posts on the Prestashop forum about it, so I am writing you today because I have exhausted my abilities to fix this and since its an issue with the Prestashop core (specifically the addition of json to the product details page in categories under the back office) that I am requesting assistance for not just myself but for the majority of 0.11 and 0.14 version users.

As it stands now, the shop is unusable and if a solution cannot be found I have to switch to a different software.  We cant make price changes, add new shipping carriers or change quantities because of this.  I have been working with Prestashop itself since before it had a 1 in the version number which makes it almost a decade and after setting up 30 shops I am having to consider using a different shop software.

Thank you for your understanding and thank you in advance for your help resolving this.

Sincerely
Chris Rabkin

Their email-

Hi ,

Thank you for contacting PrestaShop. Sorry to hear you are experiencing problems with your online shop. Keep in mind we have great developers here available to assist you with any technical problems you may be having. For the ultimate peace at mind it is recommended you take advantage of our yearly technical support plans we offer.

you can read more and sign up here:

If you have any additional questions or concerns do not hesitate to get in touch with me.

Best Regards,

Hope you have better luck getting this issue resolved than I did.

• 1 month later...

same here after 3 weeks of intensive development I m experiencing the same issue, wonder if someone could just develop some simple module to edit the products.

I strongly recommend reading the following guide

Troubleshooting the spinning save button in Prestashop 1.6.0.11 and above

at the following link

https://disqus.com/h...6011_and_above/

Edited by martenBoy (see edit history)