Locked out of prestashop NOT BY SERVER and is iP based lockout

ndjustin20

Hello Everyone!!

I am having an issue where after four hours of using prestashop my ip gets blocked from my domain completely.  This isn't a server issue as cPHulk and CSF are both on and my ip's have been whitelisted. 

My question is this:  In Prestashop 1.6.0.5 has anyone ever ran across an issue like this?   Is there an iptable somewhere in prestashop that I can't find?  Is there a session var table that stores an encrypted ip that is blocking it for some reason? 

Any help would be much appreciated.

Justin

Hi Justin,

Welcome to the forum.

You say you get 'completely blocked'.

- Do you get any message from PrestaShop that you are being blocked?

- Do you see any screen when you try to connect?

- Can you connect from another computer/ip address?

There are some modules that let you block ip addresses, but I assume you haven't installed any of these. Are you the only one working on PrestaShop (as (super)manager)?

You may try to clear your browser (cookies, data), but I don't expect too much of it.

Give us some more details on what you see exactly. Describe or screenshot might help

pascal

BTW, can you get to the back office?

Hello Pascal and Thank you !! 

I don't get any message at all.  It looks like it sends the query then nothing.  I'm back to the login screen with all information taken out of the two fields. 

I can connect from other computers.  The issue seems to be a cookie issue.  If I delete the prestashop cookies I can then login.

I thought it was an ip issue but I now believe it's a cookie issue.  Anything you know of that would stop a login because of an improperly set cookie in prestashop?

Thank you in advance for any help you can give.

Justin

Hi Justin,

Not sure what is the underlying problem, but I myself also notice once a while that I cannot login, or add products to my shopping cart etc. It normally happens after some more intense modifications (by me) in the files on the server. Clearing cache/remove site cookies does always the trick.

Here also a topic about it

My 2 cents,

pascal.