New install - no css and cannot login to admin

Hi,

I have just downloaded and installed v1.0 and I have two issues as follows:

1) No CSS for shop - When i hit my home page the content is displayed however without any style information. Looking at the source code, the css link is a rather strange string which references my install dir, which of course has been deleted!

2) I am unable to login to the admin area. No error is given upon username and password submission.

Can anyone advise where i have gone wrong?

Best regards, Ben.

Fixed it. Looks like my base uri in settings.inc.php was wrong. It was set to:

define('__PS_BASE_URI__', '/install/model.php?_=1218212741480&method=createDB&tablePrefix=ps_&mode=full&type=MySQL&server=localhost:/');

Is this a known issue? Or did i screw up the install?

Regards, Ben.

Hi Matthieu,

Thanks for the reply. Just to let you know I am happily up and running so this is low priority (for me at least!!).

I used Firefox 3 and installed the current download i.e. 1.0 final 5,64 Mo 31-july-2008.

Please let me know if you need any further information or testing, as im not in production yet.

Regards, ben.

PS - well done on a fantasitc project! Prestashop is a real credit to the open source community.

I got the same problem with my settings.inc.php

define('__PS_BASE_URI__', '/install/model.php?_=1219231189653&method=createDB&tablePrefix=ps_&mode=full&type=MySQL&server=localhost:/');

I changed the base uri which fixed the front end problem but im still not able to log into the back office. I have looked at all of the other forum posts about the the htaccess files and php5.ini but it sill won't log in. I have tried loggin in fron ie7 and firefox2 and my host is icdsoft.com. Im stumped!

hey Benster,
I feel like an idiot, i had the base uri set to the domain and not just '/'
I just tested it and it works... im so relieved, i was about to give up on presta and look for another option.. im so pleased i didn't..
thanks for the tip, i really appreciate it..