Abandend Carts are Not Returning Items To Stock.

Hi all,

my shop has recently gone live and only a few sales so far but it's early days. Something has cropped up though which may have serious consequences when the customer numbers increase dramatically (fingers crossed).

A customer has added 2 items to their cart and gone through the checkout stage and then aborted at the Paypal stage (I think). The items show in the BO as an order awaiting payment but in the stats there are no orders showing. As there was only 1 item of each product the FO is showing that these items are not available to other customers as they are still in the abandend cart.

Q1 - Will an order not show in the stats until payment has been received?

Q2 - If the customer has aborted the purchase but not removed the items from their cart and say just shut down their PC will these items remain as unavailable in the FO? Can items be given a time limit in the cart so that if some one has shut down the items return to the FO as available and the stock increased in the BO?

Regards to all

Q1 - Will an order not show in the stats until payment has been received?

Q2 - If the customer has aborted the purchase but not removed the items from their cart and say just shut down their PC will these items remain as unavailable in the FO? Can items be given a time limit in the cart so that if some one has shut down the items return to the FO as available and the stock increased in the BO?

Q1 - No, the order will not show in the stats until it is marked as paid.

Q2 - Do you only offer Paypal as payment?
I also offer bank transfer and I have to manually change the status to "payment received" when I see the payment on my bank account.
As far as I know, Prestashop does not register an order until payment is fully completed at Paypal.

I only offer Paypal as payment. I understand that I have to change the status to “payment received” when I see the payment on my Paypal account or received an e-mail from Paypal saying payment received.

The issue is that if a cart is abandended the items remain in the cart unless they are removed. Whilst they are still in the cart they are not available to other buyers. This is espeacially the case when there is only 1 item for sale.

I only offer Paypal as payment. I understand that I have to change the status to “payment received” when I see the payment on my Paypal account or received an e-mail from Paypal saying payment received.

Your site should auto mark it as "Payment accepted" once the transaction is complete-

Its not manual thing

Thank you. I understand that it should update once payment is received.

The main issue I have though is items remaining in abandoned carts. Items remaining in an abandoned cart are not available to other buyers if you only have one item to sell.

• 3 months later...

Strange this should come up again. I've had the site up and running for a couple of months and had some sales but no abandoned carts until today.

I think the problem happens when someone has added something to the cart and then actually proceeded to Paypal then abandoned and not if the have just added it to the cart.