[SOLVED] Sales Tax issue

Hi

I am managing a store for a client that is located in TX. The problem is that with the sales tax. I have US and TX checked in the tax config. But when you put the price and select tax in the product options it adds the tax for everyone. I created a CA address to test the shipping rates and it shows the TX tax being applied there as well.

How do I fix this?

Thanks in advance.

The url for the store is http://store.iknowjack.us

• 2 weeks later...

Hmm, maybe you can help me ...

I also manage a store in TX, and I'm working with version 1.25 now. My taxes seem backwards ... if I have a TX address, it doesn't charge me sales tax, but if I use any other state, I get a sales tax.

I've only been testing the taxes on a single product. In the product page, I have a Pre-tax retail price of $37.95. In the tax pulldown menu, I choose the menu option that I created, "Texas sales tax (8.25%), and that changes the value in the next line, Retail price with tax: to be $41.08

When I set up the tax in the "Payment :: Taxes" area, I only see the one tax item, which I mentioned above. If I click to edit it, I see a list of states that area ll unchecked, except for Texas.

It's baffling why it's not working!

• 4 weeks later...