(Solved) After making friendly URL, contact form and all email won't work

1.2.5 PS

Before it had same problem, so i fixed with one solution i foun on here ( adding email to the line)

Today all worked fine, so now i made friendly urls in my store, adding .htacces file via ftp and generating, all works nicely..all urls clean..Plus i added some meta keywords in descriptions of the product...

so far did tests, sending via contact form from website.. i get error

There is 1 error :

1. an error occurred while sending message

sending message via logged buyers account it does appear in backoffice but no email.

create new account and buying product with new account, no email as a buyer and no email to seller about purchase. But does appear in the back office as transaction...

any ideas why no emails?

basicly i can communicate in store only, betwin back office and costumers profile, but no emails sends watso ever... none for pasword recovery, none for new orders, none for updating the order in back office, non via contact us form (error mesage like i said before)...

I tryed to uninstal module (Mail alerts v2.2) and reinstal , still nothing fixxed...now removed .htacces file, and un clicked friendly urls... still no luck..

tryed manual email settings, no luck..

what else could be there?

www.stickandroid.com

Just out of curiosity, I had this problem recently and it was with my web hosting company. Everything had worked perfectly, then I uploaded a file, changed a line in another and something happened. Thought it was on my end and actually something had happened on their end. just a suggestion, might not be the problem with your site.

I'll have to agree with Cisco, it doesn't sound like anything you did would mess up the email system.
If you are 100% sure emails were sent before, than the first step should be checking with your hosting company if they made any changes to the outgoing mail server.

I guess what i was trying to get at was that it wasn't an issue you 'd be able to fix. You would have to contact the webhosting company and see if they were having phpmail () issues. If you have a gmail account you could try switching from phpmail() to smtp and use smtp.gmail.com and your username (full email address) and password. if that works, it's more than likely most definately an issue with your webhost. When my phpmail went down, forwarding through a gmail account using smtp was the only thing that worked.

• 4 months later...
SOLVED!!!

Looks like i found a problem, after more research, i found out the best way to use smtp parameters in mail section in BO..

I have godday us provider...

relay-hosting.secureserver.net

[email protected]

NO PASSWORD!!! (thats were the trick is)

port 25

this works now )))

did that, didn't work for me