Is PayPal Standard Payments discontinued for Prestashop?

giantvintage

Is it possible that this is true????

I keep looking over the forums for some indication that all these PayPal problems have been solved,

but as far as I can tell it doesn't work anymore and everyone has just given up on it.

Whatever is going on, it's kinda ridiculous that it doesn't just work out of the box, right?

I'm trying to migrate my shop to PS from a different platform, which is already a big enough undertaking...and now the most basic of basic functions doesn't even work right.

At the risk of being totally redundant AGAIN-- this is my issue:

I'm using PS latest version 1.6  with the "PayPal USA, Canada" module, v1.3.8

trying to set it up for regular PayPal payments only.

(I've already got the Presto Change-O module for PayPal Pro credit card payments)

I do a test order, and on completion it takes me back to my order history, where the new order does NOT appear.

The payment goes through fine...I get the emails from PayPal right away, but the order is just not recorded in PS back office or customer account history etc.

I've seen all the fuss going on with TLS, SSL etc., and then the other stuff with cURL but I'm not even clear on whether that stuff applies to this situation. Most of the threads I've read seem to be about the European version.  And anyway how silly would it be if this extremely popular shopping cart software just doesn't work with this extremely popular payment method-- without the user having to figure out a bunch of complicated code?

I really don't wanna come across as a total ignoramus, so please forgive me if this has been solved  already and I just missed it somehow.

If someone has a solution, I'd love to hear it...but more importantly what I really just wanna know is if it even works anymore...

is it worth banging my head against the wall trying to find the solution or should I just go do something else for a few months until someone finally makes a new module or whatever it's gonna take?

Does PayPal Standard Payments still work with Prestashop or not? Yes or no?

Please anybody just say something!!

Do you use specific prices in your products or just the standard price, I have had issues with 1.3.8 but only with products with specific prices.

I just set up another shop that does not use specific prices and 1.3.8 works just fine.

Same issue here, no way to fix this !

Tried to reinstall the module many times, generate a new API in Paypal, double checked the pasted info. I thought it was an htaccess block because it started working back for 2 days, and still the same now, that 10004 error at the end for no reason... Please help !

tdr170, thanks for the reply. It's encouraging to know that it's working at least for some people.

I'm sure I can hire a developer to fix it for me...at least knowing that it's not totally out of the question is good for me, for now.

no, I'm not using any specific prices at the moment, but I certainly would want to have that option. I think if it's going to work, it needs to work COMPLETELY, or else it's not worth much.

boogs, sorry to hear that you're having trouble also...it's different trouble than what I'm experiencing...but there's no such thing as good trouble, I always say.

Would love to hear more success stories... anybody using PayPal standard with NO problems, please speak up!

Just to confirm I am using PayPal standard on the new site, I also have another site that does use specific prices where I had the same issue you are having.

I found an older version of PayPal, v3.5.4 and updated the SSl to TLS, installed that and have been using since PayPal 1.3.8 seems to have issues.

I have several bug reports on this matter but its been over a month and no feed back other then assigning to someone.

I can share the 3.5.4 if you want to give it a try.

Thanks for the offer--   3.5.4 ....Is that the Europe version?

and if so, does it work in the US? I'm asking because I think I saw that your shop is in the US.

I've seen lots of info about the SSL / TLS issue, and as far as I can understand that only affects European users?

So there's been no updates to the PayPal USA Canada module because it's not needed?

Sorry I know this is kind of a twisted multi-part question. I'm trying not to be annoying, just puzzled:)

Well that was the thought as I saw the same post but is not the fact the SSL poodle issue effected everyone as our site 1.4 ver used an older version of PayPal and that stopped working in Dec.

I spoke to PayPal and they said we had to update the module to TLS security.

So i updated to the 1.3.8 version and had the issue with orders not showing in BO, so I took the old version 2.8.7 and updated the SSL to TLS and all was fine.

So now I have updated to 1.6 and the same issue with orders not showing in BO so what to do as PayPal is our #1 payment solution so I found the 3.5.4 version in 1.4.11 and updated it and have used it ever since (about a month) and yes I do believe that it is the Euro version but it does work fine.

ps: the 2.8.7 version would not load in 1.6

Ok, I get it...yeah thanks I wouldn't mind trying out the 3.5.4

I'm actually too new to the forum to know how to get it from you, but let me know if you need anything from me.

In my old OSC cart we had to use an old outdated PayPal module as well, so maybe that's just  how it goes with Paypal.

thanks