Re-name the Manufacturers block?

U can do following:
- In the Back Onffice
- Translation. chose Front Office, chose Your language, find with Blockmanufacturer and rename it u like

WOW now that IS impressive. I never even knew you could do that. Many thanks for that tip, it will save a lot of headaches, with corrupted mistakes with newbies :)
Really appreciate your input.

THANKS

Bob

• 2 months later...

Okay I did as described in going into Back Office - Translation - etc…, but it only appears to be half working. If I select a "manufacturer" from the block the resulting page uses my translations. The problem though is that the block ITSELF is still labeled "Manufacturers".

Does anyone know why the block isn't changing, but all other translations are?

Thanks in advance!

• 9 months later...

I believe the best way to do this is through Translations (Tools -> Translations).

Under Modify Translations, choose whether you want to change the text for the Front Office, Back Office, etc. (see drop down). Search for "manufacturer" or "manuf" and change each entry as desired by entering the preferred text in the text box after the equals sign (=). I changed all mine to Publisher. There are quite a few, so I did a Find in Firefox and checked Hilight all, then scrolled down the page looking for the hilighted items and typed in the appropriate changes as needed.

Hope this helps!

Okay I did as described in going into Back Office - Translation - etc…, but it only appears to be half working. If I select a "manufacturer" from the block the resulting page uses my translations. The problem though is that the block ITSELF is still labeled "Manufacturers".

Does anyone know why the block isn't changing, but all other translations are?

Thanks in advance!

Also in Back Office
Tools --> Tabs

Edit the Manufacturers tab entry, change its name only. Leave its class alone.

Hope this helps.

U can do following:
- In the Back Onffice
- Translation. chose Front Office, chose Your language, find with Blockmanufacturer and rename it u like

Actually i think its Module translations not front office.

I usually use pcbob's method as its a lot quicker than having to scroll through all the translations just to find the one I want.

• 5 months later...