I can't login to the BO after a DB import

Hi all! I'm new here. I learned a lot from this forum but I still have some issues from time to time that annoy me :)

But, sh*t - that how the life is, right? :) 

I just installed a new Prestashop 1.6.0.12 on my localhost server using XAMPP (Windows 7).
Before I used my company's laptop (Windows 7) with Prestashop 1.6.0.11.

I've made a backup of the DB via BackOffice tool and I imported it on the new installation.
Everything looks good - I copied manually products images and everything looks fine but now I can't log in to the BackOffice.

It says that there is no such account or the password is incorrect.

BTW. I use the same email adress as a login and the same password for both installation of Prestashop.

How can I fix this? Should I do something before I import the DB to the new copy of Prestashop?

Please help me,

Best regards,
Jarek

That is because the new installation has different security keys then the original install.

Not only will your login not wotk but any customers will not be able to log in either.

Is the original install still on the hard drive, if so go to the config folder and edit the settings.inc.php file a copy the 4 keys.

Now edit the same file in th new install and replace the 4 keys with the ones you copied.

They will look like this.

define('_COOKIE_KEY_', '70cRbIhENo9yhC56fgeapeBdKLTC4wcNScHbi6ZQZqbtMvcOuuo30Sb');

define('_COOKIE_IV_', 'SjkZSTq1');

define('_RIJNDAEL_KEY_', '4Q98vRmu52UyuiVIDMVYwU02k6KP72Rl');

define('_RIJNDAEL_IV_', 'VpwZjiIgNTQkt1e1ToYTpM==');

You should now be able to login.

If you do not have the backup and do not care and or have customers registered after install and before you import the database unzip the DB file and remove the ps_employees table, this way you will get all the other info but will be able to login with the email and password you used to install the new shop.

Thanks a lot man!

I have both installation but I care only about my products because I'm just at the beginning of creation an e-commerce business and I added a lot of products but I have no users etc.

I'll try first method this evening and I'll let you know about the result.

Cheers!

EDIT:

Thanks! It works.

The only thing that I had to change as well is the admin folder name to have exactly the same on both installation, but I thought it will be necessary :)

Edited by Nutricao (see edit history)

• 7 months later...