Why force me to a business account?

ebroker

Few versions before the paypal module was acception paypal standard account to.

Now i'm trying to set up paypal modulce and is asking for a business account?

I see that prestashop is a partner for paypal when i try set up business accoutn, that e\xplain it.

I don't own a business, i'm a indiviadual who ocasionally selles scrapbooking paper with 1,49$

I see there is a option for pro hosted payments with Monthly subscription of £20.

Are you serious??? I don't even make 20 $ per month

I want to use my paypal personal account for payments on my website, is there otehr paypal module or do i have to delete prestashop?

• 3 months later...

yes I agree I'm not happy with Prestashop. I signed up to Paypal pro bought the Prestashop module (very expensive) plus am now paying £20 pcm to paypal for the pro service. Only to find the prestashop pro module doesn't accommodate the Paypal Pro hosted solution that I need as I am a small trader and not PCI registered or compliant. So after talking to Paypal (who have been very helpful) I now bought a 3rd party module (again over $200) and I can't get that working either.  Prestashop will not answer my emails asking for a refund to a product that didn't tell me it was not a solution for the Paypal hosted solution. And neither module includes express checkout. All in all It's a right shambles and I'm hundreds of pounds worse off and still can't get my site live!!!! If prestashop hadn't sneakily hidden the free paypal module I was using on my old site none of this would have happened. Unfortunately I'm stuck with prestashop otherwise I'd have jumped ship over this.

• 2 weeks later...

yes I agree I'm not happy with Prestashop. I signed up to Paypal pro bought the Prestashop module (very expensive) plus am now paying £20 pcm to paypal for the pro service. Only to find the prestashop pro module doesn't accommodate the Paypal Pro hosted solution that I need as I am a small trader and not PCI registered or compliant. So after talking to Paypal (who have been very helpful) I now bought a 3rd party module (again over $200) and I can't get that working either.  Prestashop will not answer my emails asking for a refund to a product that didn't tell me it was not a solution for the Paypal hosted solution. And neither module includes express checkout. All in all It's a right shambles and I'm hundreds of pounds worse off and still can't get my site live!!!! If prestashop hadn't sneakily hidden the free paypal module I was using on my old site none of this would have happened. Unfortunately I'm stuck with prestashop otherwise I'd have jumped ship over this.

Same with me, I have paid out over £200 for a module and cannot get it working on my site, I have SSL I have a business account with Paypal and run on https but every time people try and use the card system their card is declined, even my own card is declined, the only support I got with a ticket is saying we have tried it and it works, pity it does not work with any of my customers..... bank holiday weekend and I am losing money thanks to Prestashop

I have been round the houses on this one but finally got to the bottom of it. However I'm still hundreds of pounds out of pocket to prestashop who won't refund the module. However the 3rd party module I bought that required SSL and was quite frankly not up to scratch, did eventually refund me, but only after a Paypal developer told them to!!

I'm in the UK but I have to say Paypal were exemplary in helping me through this 10 out of 10. If you can contact these guys do so.

Leonard Rafferty [email protected] or Joe Fitzgerald [email protected].

They've just been through exactly the same thing with me so I'm guessing they will want to have words with Prestashop when the complaints starts flowing in. Prestashop have certainly got my back up.

M

• Like 1