Price should be tax included but shows the contrary

Hello.
I have a big problem. I Use v.1.2.4. Ita
All of sudden the products show the price without VAT. If I make a change in the catalog re-typing the value in the field
nothing change: the price seen from customer is still without VAT.
If I go to 'Preferences->Products and I change the option I get no change both for "exluded" and "included" (the price remains the same, without VAT). If I choose the option "Both" I actually get a change and the double line is shown but
the 2 prices are both without VAT.
It happened to me yesterday while I was working on Carriers and Weight ranges. I noticed that problem.
I loaded a backup of the db and I also asked the provider about possible servers' problems. They could not figure out.
I made an identical shop on the server and then I deleted what done on Carriers etc. but the problem persists: also
the copied shop shows prices without VAT.
All this happens both for eng. and ita. versions.

I'm not very experienced in php: what should I do? Reinstalling? Checking for corrupted files? Reinstalling? Which ones?
I really hope not to have to re-insert 150 products!
Can someone help me?
Tks

It is at the bottom of that page:

v1.1 theme compatibility: My shop use a PrestaShop v1.1 theme (SSL will generate warnings in customer browser)

If it is set to "yes" try to switch to "no".

I don't think this is related to the database, I don't think that's where the problem is.

It was set on NO. I switched a couple of times but no result.
Now I'm going to reinstall PS and then I'll import the former db. Hope it will work. Anybody knows
what is the file could have been corrupted?
Tks anyway.