robots.txt problem. Please advice!

x3n0m0rph

Hi,

I am having some strange problems with robots.txt. I went to webmaster tools and seen a warning - sitemap blocked by robots.txt. Went to sitemap section and the end of the sitemap looks like this:

# Files
Disallow: /ti-ai-uitat-parola
Disallow: /quick-order
Disallow: /guest-tracking
Disallow: /

I also have html errors for some products that seemed to be restricted and 1312 warnings in sitemap section saying:

Url blocked by robots.txt - http://www.secretgarden.ro/1000-large_default/jerba-din-crizantema-alba-si-galbena.jpg

For the moment, I manualy edited robots.txt and deleted all Disallow: /

I tryed to regenerate robots.txt and sitemap - regenerated robots.txt is the same. I also restanted/ uninstall / replaced sitemap module - same result

Why is my robots.txt broken? How can I fix it? Please help!

If you have a problem with the robots generation.

you have to check the function public function generateRobotsFile() you will find in mysite.com/controllers/admin/AdminMetaController.php

Overwrite the file from a clean PS folder.

also check if you have any override in mysite.com/override/controllers/admin/AdminMetaController.php

Edited by javsmile (see edit history)

Done that, disabled overrides and nonnative modules, clear cache, regenerate robots.txt - same problem...

My site already droped from google first page on keywords....

I really need a solution...

For the moment, I disabled sitemap module (it seems to regenerate robots.thx with the sitemap) and manualy edited robots.txt ...

Please help...

And.. I am back with the solution:

This was a bug related to languages and friendly url activation.

When you install prestashop you have multiple labguages. If you want to use only one language, like I do, you will deactivate other languages and delete them. This leaves some entries in yourdatabase -> ps_meta_lang -> there you will have entries with "NULL" in url_rewrite column. If you delete all this entries your robots.txt will be generated corectly next time.

PS: This forum becomes useless, since people are not interested in helping each other anymore.

• Like 2