Problems Importing .CSV File>>HELP

• 2 weeks later...

I posted a topic about same problem:

http://www.prestashop.com/forums/viewthread/4306/General_discussion/csv_import_problem

a message in bug tracker as been added about it http://www.prestashop.com/bug_tracker/view/194/

I hope prestashop can it solve as quick as possible because I can't import products in the shop, I ve more than 600
adding one by one in BO is very slow.

Shouldn't your category be a number and not words ?

Yes, I also found this out the hard way. Categories should be CSVed as numbers and not by their names. So before importing the file, you should first check the Catalog page to view the corresponding IDs. But you can only add one category, so if you don't know where to put a certain Cat, it should be "1" so that you can view them at the Home page.

Default entry is 0, meaning... you won't see them listed. Sure, you can do a catalog search, but then you'd need to edit the products one by one which just won't do... there's always the possibility to do it at phpmyadmin but... I'm not sure if updating ps_category_product is enough. Even if it does, it's just too bothersome. I think for the next version of PS, developers might/should think of something. Maybe in the BackOffice it'd help to give more possible admin options taking advantage of the checkboxes?

Peter Wilson, you here?
A change to your wiki to say Category ID instead of just Category might help the newbies
Maybe also add that the ID can be found in the BO under the heading ID

Newbies aren't familiar with database thinking :P

I tried to import csv with the number of category of my shop.
but If I look in database I can see the items in ps_product_lang but not in ps_product where they should be too.
so nothing is displayed in category in front and back office.