Missing Double Opt In

Hey all

Just found a problem that can lead to a possible lawsuit. As most of you know >>> if somebody register his/her email in the footer for a newsletter, you can choose in the backoffice if the person should confirm the email, known as double opt in (DOI).

This case is mostly accepted by courts for a correct handling about the newsletter situation.

But, if somebody open an account as a client, there will be also a possibility to check if this person will get a newsletter.

BUT ... in this case there will be no double opt in which can result to big abuse...

Anyone an idea how this can be solved quickly?

Update:

As i have seen shortly, the IP will not be saved if somebody open an account, only the time and date?

If that's really true, can somebody tell which part of prestashop (script) is responsible for saving the client data?

It should not be a problem to put that in a SQL ...

Edited by kalua (see edit history)

Why you don't omit the line of newsletter possibility for the account opening (simply comment the lines on the tpl) ? Is the best way to avoid any problems and you will not need a double-opt-in. If a customer than really want to subscribe to your newsletter he/she can subscribe by using the newsletter subscriptions module afterwards or before he/she opens an account (so independent of account opening).

Lines to be commented:

themes/yourtheme/authentication.tpl - about line 174 the complete newsletter block.

Edited by selectshop.at (see edit history)

Thanks, i know that. Furthermore i can put the newsletter line out via css. And till the problem is not solved, i think i have to do that.

But for the customer of course it would be easier if this is going in one part. Not just opening an account and have to register for newsletter separatly.

Not really. I have several customers without any purchase, subscribed only to newsletter. I maintain the same procedure for all my German and Austrian customers for where I'm supporting Prestashop as provider or web-admin. No one of my customer pages have the line I mentioned active and they have no problems with persons wishing newsletter. They are two a part features and work as well. Furthermore I personally don't like when I'm purchasing online that I have suggestions for to subscribe newsletter or other things. For me it's a way to force your own interests and not the one of the customer. I simply ignore all check-boxes on a form unless they are not set as an obligatory field.

• 1 year later...

Hello house,
I write because I can not understand how to activate the  opt-in required (confirmation email) during a customer's subscription.

I think this is a key feature, I'm probably doing something wrong (but even in Internet seems to me to find answers disconcerting).

In (absurd) case that this feature is not implemented yet anybody know a module that solves this lack in ps 1.6.x?

Thanks as i await your swift response and support

• 5 months later...